+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Determine NOC Code

Sep 19, 2018
Hi,
I need some help determining the NOC code for my job.
My just position is Operations business analyst. It is a vague title, so I've included my job responsibilities below. As you can see, my job performs micro and macro analysis, data collection and analysis, write up report and give recommendations.

I went through the NOC code, and have narrowed down to a few options:
1122 Professional Occupations in Business Management Consulting
4162 Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
I lean towards 4162, since the main duties is closer to what I do (but mine isn't economic analysis)
1122 sounds closer title wise, but the main duty is like "provide services to management such as analyzing the structure, operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements"

Please help!!!
Thanks!!!

Job Description:

Research and Analysis
-Data collection and reconciliation
-Perform macro- and micro-analytical activities relevant to Canadian egg markets
-Interpret information and data sets to assess current market trends
-Produce reports and presentations outlining the research and analysis of results
-Provide insight and recommendations to management
-Complete ad hoc analysis as assigned and outlined by the Manager or COO

Execution of Existing Programs

-Provide analysis, calculations and ongoing reports relevant to program management, specifically the Processor Protocol
-Administrate processor pricing, including: process improvement, process documentation, implementation of updates to the calculation method; weekly publishing, maintenance of the price database and publishing website.
-Provide operational routine reports and document standard procedures
-Contribute to continual process improvement

Assist with Development of New Programs

-Assist with data gathering and manipulation and requested analysis for the development of new programs and projects as assigned with focus on Processor Protocol, operational efficiency, industry data and database improvements.

Duties include, but are not limited to:

-Provide analysis for pricing and calculation aspects of the protocol including expected processor position.
-Update aspects of the protocol to actual or newly developed practices.
-Identify new, relevant data for upload to databases and continue to improve current uploads
-Assist with data upload, automation and testing as required.
-Assist with the development of new industrial pricing, for example specialty egg pricing and pricing in the Eggs for Processing (EFP) program.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
I need some help determining the NOC code for my job.
My just position is Operations business analyst. It is a vague title, so I've included my job responsibilities below. As you can see, my job performs micro and macro analysis, data collection and analysis, write up report and give recommendations.

I went through the NOC code, and have narrowed down to a few options:
1122 Professional Occupations in Business Management Consulting
4162 Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
I lean towards 4162, since the main duties is closer to what I do (but mine isn't economic analysis)
1122 sounds closer title wise, but the main duty is like "provide services to management such as analyzing the structure, operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements"
You need to take a look at 4163 (market research & development). Alas, the ESDC website is not functioning at the moment, but I think that might be a better fit