+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

deported

mfoniso2010

Mar 12, 2010
i was deported from canada last year and my husband filed a sponsorship application. my interview is in may and understandably, i have butterflies in my tommy. i was asked to come along with my passport to accra. my medicals will also expire by the end of may. does anyone know if i will need to redo them? will they hold onto my passport? if so, how will i come back to nigeria? or will i have to go for a second interview? i am kind of confused. any suggestions?

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

Well my husband was in a similar situation and he just had his interview late Feb (asked to bring passport along).
The interview (and I guess it will be the same for you) was to inform him that he needed to also apply for an ARC (Authorization to return to canada). You need to do that if you've been removed from the country - it's almost similar to the Ministers consent to return.
The passport is to validate your identity - they will give it back to you.

You will likely be asked a few questions about your husband - why you were removed from Canada ... nothing major. The Immigration Officer will give you a form with the amount you need to pay (assuming you haven't done this already). In addition, if you didn't pay for your own plane ticket home, you will also need to pay an additional $1500.

so you will have to submit all that within 60 or 90 days (I don't recall) ... and will have to redo your medicals (I would ask about the medical when you are there if they don't mention anything - it could save you time if they give you the re-do request asap).

I would guess that you will have another interview. Our immigration officer said we would - they will review the ARC decisions. But maybe not.

Hope this helps
homesoon

PS - if they don't give you back your passport, explain to the Immigration officer that you need it to travel and they will.

Reactions: pp786

mfoniso2010

Mar 12, 2010
Thanks a lot homesoon. they already asked me to apply and pay for the ARC. I did. They also asked me to send the $1,500 which i am Godwilling, sending to them next week. Your response was really really helpful. thanks a lot. One more thing, do you know if it is possible to re-do the medicals without being asked to?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
PleaseHelp101 said:
Hi did your everything go well with your sponsorship? ASin are you in Canada now ?
Don't think he is going to answer you .He has not been active on this site since July 2010.

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi there,

Well my husband was in a similar situation and he just had his interview late Feb (asked to bring passport along).
The interview (and I guess it will be the same for you) was to inform him that he needed to also apply for an ARC (Authorization to return to canada). You need to do that if you've been removed from the country - it's almost similar to the Ministers consent to return.
The passport is to validate your identity - they will give it back to you.

You will likely be asked a few questions about your husband - why you were removed from Canada ... nothing major. The Immigration Officer will give you a form with the amount you need to pay (assuming you haven't done this already). In addition, if you didn't pay for your own plane ticket home, you will also need to pay an additional $1500.

so you will have to submit all that within 60 or 90 days (I don't recall) ... and will have to redo your medicals (I would ask about the medical when you are there if they don't mention anything - it could save you time if they give you the re-do request asap).

I would guess that you will have another interview. Our immigration officer said we would - they will review the ARC decisions. But maybe not.

Hope this helps
homesoon

PS - if they don't give you back your passport, explain to the Immigration officer that you need it to travel and they will.

Hello , how did your husband's case turnout?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.