+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Processing Time

GraceSena

Sep 13, 2023
Dear All,

I applied for a study permit on 1st August 2023 and then did the biometric on 3rd August 2023. I also did an upfront medical but till now, haven't heard anything from IRCC concerning my application. I raised a web form three weeks ago and still no response.
Please has anyone faced such an issue before and how was it resolved? And also please what could be wrong? Is it a good sign? I am worried.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear All,

I applied for a study permit on 1st August 2023 and then did the biometric on 3rd August 2023. I also did an upfront medical but till now, haven't heard anything from IRCC concerning my application. I raised a web form three weeks ago and still no response.
Please has anyone faced such an issue before and how was it resolved? And also please what could be wrong? Is it a good sign? I am worried.
There is a backlog with thousands applying for study permits. There is nothing wrong with your file. It can take months to process. Many people on the forum wait months. If your file has yet to start eligibility or background review then you have some time to wait.

Reactions: GraceSena

GraceSena

Sep 13, 2023
There is a backlog with thousands applying for study permits. There is nothing wrong with your file. It can take months to process. Many people on the forum wait months. If your file has yet to start eligibility or background review then you have some time to wait.
Thank you.

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
Hello Everyone
My sister applied under SDS for Jan 2024 intake on Sept 7. Medical updated and passed Sept 30. And she got her passport request on Oct 10. She applied for herself and her 3 year old son. Both got approved.
Thanks

Fizhér

Star Member
Oct 26, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra
Med's Request
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
10-11-2023
Passport Req..
29-11-2023
Dear All,

Where are you applying from?
It seems we share the same timeline and the same problem.
I submitted my application on July 21, 2023 and did biometric on July 24, 2023.
I also did Upfront medicals on June 9. They requested for additional medical exam and I got it done on September 11.

From Ghana

I've not heard from them again since...

GraceSena

Sep 13, 2023
Hello @Naturgrl so my medical has been updated to successfully on the 20th of October, 2023. But till now haven’t received my passport request letter. Please Is it something I should be worried of?

GraceSena

Sep 13, 2023
Where are you applying from?
It seems we share the same timeline and the same problem.
I submitted my application on July 21, 2023 and did biometric on July 24, 2023.
I also did Upfront medicals on June 9. They requested for additional medical exam and I got it done on September 11.

From Ghana

I've not heard from them again since...
I am also from Ghana. Got my medical approved recently. Now waiting for passport request letter. It will come. Just exercise patience. It is not easy but try. God will see us through

Reactions: Fizhér

Benjilo

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Sam
I am also from Ghana. Got my medical approved recently. Now waiting for passport request letter. It will come. Just exercise patience. It is not easy but try. God will see us through
Same timeline
Apply August 17
Upfront medicals
Biometric 30th of august
Medical passed 20th October
Eligibility not started
Background check in progres
Also from Ghana

Benjilo

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Same here.