+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declining An Express Entry ITA

perpetualROH

Full Member
Feb 21, 2018
43
24
You can reject ITA and you will get new one in next draw, you dont need to create new profile to get ITA again, new profile is needed when you neither accept nor decline and your profile is not valid anymore.
Thank you!!
So just to reiterate my 600 points will be valid as well correct if I reject this ITA?
 

Mikias

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
66
1
I rejected my ITA of 13th June, cancelled my EE profile and created another one. I sent the detail of the new profile to the province and my point was transferred to the new profile and back to the pool. The next draw was June 25 and I got ITA this day. I am currently at IP2.
 

Janebc

Newbie
Feb 14, 2018
4
0
If I choose not to create a new EE profile but decline an ITA, update some details, and wait for next round, what happens to the medical exams already made and provincial nomination received? Are they transferred?
 

Kitkat2020

Full Member
Feb 6, 2020
27
14
If I choose not to create a new EE profile but decline an ITA, update some details, and wait for next round, what happens to the medical exams already made and provincial nomination received? Are they transferred?
Can you say what happened? I am in similar situation. I have nomination points from province but may have to decline because not all documents have been received. Will tbe points be taken away or still be on profile?
 

PRguyslp

Full Member
Jan 19, 2020
31
5
Can you say what happened? I am in similar situation. I have nomination points from province but may have to decline because not all documents have been received. Will tbe points be taken away or still be on profile?
I am also in the same boat. Please do let me know if you get any clear picture on the same.
From what I understand from the below link under the heading "Deadline for responding to an ITA", you can reject ITA within 60 days of getting the ITA. If you do that, everything is gonna be same as it was before receiving ITA, as long as the profile is valid .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html
 

Keepers

Full Member
Jun 9, 2018
49
6
I am also in the same boat. Please do let me know if you get any clear picture on the same.
From what I understand from the below link under the heading "Deadline for responding to an ITA", you can reject ITA within 60 days of getting the ITA. If you do that, everything is gonna be same as it was before receiving ITA, as long as the profile is valid .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html
I eventually got the documents and accepted. If you are awaiting a medical, or police record but due to covid you are unable to get get them, u can still accept but include a letter of explanation
.they have indicated that they wont deny on the basis of covid. It is after all a global pandemic. You just need to indicate that due to virus or lock downs you cant get those. If you wish to cancel ITA you will be rentered in pool and provided you have the necessary points you will be invited again.
 

Tayo01

Full Member
Aug 21, 2019
25
7
I am currently at a cross road. I got my ITA on the 8th of July, 2020. My CRS score is 479. I am however considering declining the ITA but I am scared given that my 479 score seems to be a borderline. I am considering declining because I have not been able to get an international passport for my new born who will be part of my application. I will appreciate thoughtful comments and advice. N:B I also got an invitation to apply for OINP and NSNP as a nurse prior to the ITA which I did not honor. So, I might not get opportunity for PNP invite anytime soon again. Thanks.
 

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
164
187
I am currently at a cross road. I got my ITA on the 8th of July, 2020. My CRS score is 479. I am however considering declining the ITA but I am scared given that my 479 score seems to be a borderline. I am considering declining because I have not been able to get an international passport for my new born who will be part of my application. I will appreciate thoughtful comments and advice. N:B I also got an invitation to apply for OINP and NSNP as a nurse prior to the ITA which I did not honor. So, I might not get opportunity for PNP invite anytime soon again. Thanks.
After 4 months of no FSW draws, the score only went up to 478. Now that we have regular draws, it should not be an issue. You will get ITA again. Do respond to the ITA though. Else you will go out of the pool if you do not respond at all.
 

Den2o

Member
Dec 18, 2020
10
0
Due to our peculiar situation we will now have to decline the application after receiving our ITA and look forward to the next draw. What happens to the upfront medicals, PCC and proof of funds letters - do we need to redo them with dates after that of ITA? Or can we reuse then assuming max of 4 weeks older than ITA?