+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECISION HAS BEEN MADE

AE0626

Aug 16, 2010
Ecas now shown that a decision on my application has been made and that a letter will be sent on. We are expecting our letter within the week. In the duration of my process, immigrations did not ask for anything additional, except of course for medicals.

My question is: what are the odds of getting a denial letter at this point? When they deny someone of PR do they do it sooner or also wait for 9 months? Just curious. Has anyone been given a denial letter?

Thanks so much

For those who are interested to know: My process began November 14, 2010.

Goodluck to everyone out there!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Did you apply inland or outland?
In other words: was your application sent to Vegreville (inland) or to Mississauga (outland)?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Why don't you join us on the INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010 thread. On the second to last page is a timeline chart where you can compare you time with others. When did the receive your application? Not when it started processing.

So does it say that a letter was sent to your address? Or does it just say "a decision has been made"?
If they were going to deny someone it could go on past the 9 months but most straightforward relationships are approved.

AE0626

Aug 16, 2010
Thank you for the response. I will need to double check if my address was placed. But is there a difference whether they put my address or not?

I know i should just wait for the letter but im just dying to know!

Reallt appreciate your info!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Well I will give some examples, okay?!

First example of what e-Cas could say:
"We received your application on (insert date)"
"We started processing your application on (insert date)"
"A decision has been made and you will be contacted."

This first example would mean you received AIP aka (Approval in Principle) which is the first stage to pass in the inland process. It determines the sponsors eligibility and the genuineness of the relationship. After receiving this you may obtain a work permit or study permit if you wish to but that can take a month to get and you may become a PR soon afterwards so may not be something you are interested in. You will then have to wait the second stage of the application which can take an average of 9 months (usually much, much less) to finish. The second stage is where they check for medical, security, and background checks. If these are passed then you will be notified that a letter was sent and your e-Cas will change to look like the next example. This means it is approved and finalized. You will then be contacted by the local office in your area about a date to land as a Permanent Resident.

The second example of what e-Cas could say:
"We received your application on (insert date)"
"We started processing your application on (insert date)"
"A decision has been made and you will be contacted."
"Medical results have been received"
"A letter has been sent on (insert date) to (insert home address) about the decision on your application....etc"

If it says this then you have passed both the first portion and second portion of the inland application. You will now just need to wait for your local CIC office to contact you for a date to land as a Permanent Resident on.

Either way, CONGRATULATIONS, you are at the end. Go out and celebrate! :D

AE0626

Aug 16, 2010
I copy pasted what was written on my ecas account

We received your application for permanent residence on October 4, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 19, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on July 14, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

so basically the same as the second one but without my address... (thats why I asked about the address part) :)

is this second or first stage approval? Thanks Love_young!

iluvcanada77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
AE0626 said:

We sent you a letter on July 14, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

so basically the same as the second one but without my address... (thats why I asked about the address part) :)

Dude! That's first & second stage approval combo... with large fries..lol!
Pliz join us on Love_Young's thread Inland Applications 2010. Peace!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
AE0626 said:

Well yours matches the second example doesn't it? :) Usually though they do state your home address after the day they say they mailed a letter to you. I would call and confirm it with CIC tomorrow though. You got both AIP and PR finished at the same time. Seems to be happening a lot this year. Congratulations! Please join us in the inland thread. :D I will add your info on the chart.

AE0626

Aug 16, 2010
Hey Guys! Thanks for the info and the well wishes! It still seems all too surreal! It wont sink in until I finally see the actual letter

Love_Young - I will definitely call CIC to check on the address part on ecas. Friday seems to be the less busy time for CIC as I always get to talk to them on this day. (I got hold of them 3 times last week! :))

Just out curiosity - if a person gets denied, do they also wait for 10 months for them to get word from CIC or do they inform the applicants in advance? There may still be a chance for me to get a denied letter as they only said decision has been made? I don't know if Im just paranoid but I just really can't wait until I get to the end of my wait! The last leg is definitely the hardest! :p

iluvcanada77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
AE0626 said:
Hey Guys! Thanks for the info and the well wishes! It still seems all too surreal! It wont sink in until I finally see the actual letter

Love_Young - I will definitely call CIC to check on the address part on ecas. Friday seems to be the less busy time for CIC as I always get to talk to them on this day. (I got hold of them 3 times last week! :))

Just out curiosity - if a person gets denied, do they also wait for 10 months for them to get word from CIC or do they inform the applicants in advance? There may still be a chance for me to get a denied letter as they only said decision has been made? I don't know if Im just paranoid but I just really can't wait until I get to the end of my wait! The last leg is definitely the hardest! :p
I wish I have your Immigration Officer on my file! :p :p

yael

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept.2010
Nomination.....
familyclass-LC2
AOR Received.
oct.19,2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
dec.30,2010
Med's Done....
jan.18,2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
june16,2011
VISA ISSUED...
july2011
LANDED..........
sept.11,2011
wait for d letter...in our case my husband received d letter 2weeks after d cic sent it...he was scheduled 4 an interview, and was asked to submit the receipt of the RPRF...right then and there, he was given the confirmation for d permanent resident! ;D

AE0626

Aug 16, 2010
Hi Yael - thanks for giving me the heads up for the 2 week wait time.. I've been deliriously checking our mailbox for an envelope since July 14! LOL I have 2 questions for you... what does RPRF stand for and what and where was the interview that was scheduled with your husband?

Thanks!!

yael said:
wait for d letter...in our case my husband received d letter 2weeks after d cic sent it...he was scheduled 4 an interview, and was asked to submit the receipt of the RPRF...right then and there, he was given the confirmation for d permanent resident! ;D