+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ospiratas

May 22, 2020
Hi, everyone. I got the landing letter today as well.

My timeline: AOR 27 Dec / MEP 16 Jan / BIO 28 Jan / GU 31 Jan / GU 1 May / GU 22 May / Landing letter 26 May

I'm CEC inland by the way.

However, I have a question regarding the landing letter. There is a part that says:

"This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address."

I only got the landing later via email. So I assume the CoPR document is coming via mail? I suppose I need to wait to submit the CoPR and the photo together, but the text is not really precise.

If anyone have more info on this, I'd really appreciate.

Thanks!

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi, everyone. I got the landing letter today as well.

My timeline: AOR 27 Dec / MEP 16 Jan / BIO 28 Jan / GU 31 Jan / GU 1 May / GU 22 May / Landing letter 26 May

I'm CEC inland by the way.

However, I have a question regarding the landing letter. There is a part that says:

"This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address."

I only got the landing later via email. So I assume the CoPR document is coming via mail? I suppose I need to wait to submit the CoPR and the photo together, but the text is not really precise.

If anyone have more info on this, I'd really appreciate.

Thanks!

The letter does go on to say that : If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one photo that meets..................

I have changed my address in Canada as well. I am planning to send this pdf along with my photo.

ospiratas

May 22, 2020
The letter does go on to say that : If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one photo that meets..................
My letter does not say that. Which part of yours has this text?

This is the full text of my letter:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent
resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible,
until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent
Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo
specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client
identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please
provide us with your current address.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of
Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when
it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this
letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for
one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial
identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be
delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent
resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent
resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website
for more information.

The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides
access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person
to use this number.

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Checking the email every two hours hoping to receive good news :(

Reactions: EssGee

Kechy332

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27 11 2019
AOR Received.
08-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Hi, nothing special, they ask me for representative form for secondary application, we did not provide signature. It was saturday May 16, and we received notes today
Pls can you share your link for gcms note. Cos different agent with different timeline. Thanks

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
My letter does not say that. Which part of yours has this text?

This is the full text of my letter:

This is the full letter:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has
changed, please provide us with your current address.

If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one
photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your
permanent resident card once we receive it.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of
Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when
it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime,
this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this
letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a
federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this
one-year period.

And it goes on..........

Reactions: Higherheights

kap01

Apr 16, 2020
Anyone received approval mail from Edmonton CPC? My AOR is Dec 28 and CEC applicant. Congratulations to all who received approval mail.

Kechy332

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27 11 2019
AOR Received.
08-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Seriously I checked a lot sir but I didn't saw this kind of a reply for a webform. Please tell me whether it says " I passed the eligibility verification or not"... please
There has been a lot on that topic. Pls check well.

nickcanada

Dec 31, 2019
If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one
photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your
permanent resident card once we receive it.
This part is missing in my letter too @ospiratas
Do you think it's a mistake and we'll have to do the same, that is print out the letter and send a photo with it?

Rest of the letter is exactly the same.

Reactions: ospiratas

ospiratas

May 22, 2020
This is the full letter:
[...]
And it goes on..........
Ok, thanks for the information!

This part is missing in my letter too @ospiratas
Do you think it's a mistake and we'll have to do the same, that is print out the letter and send a photo with it?
That's a good question, it could be an oversight but it may be that different offices have small differences in the procedures.

I sent them an email just to be on the safe side. My email came from Kitchener IRCC, by the way.

Reactions: nickcanada

nickcanada

Dec 31, 2019
Ok, thanks for the information!

That's a good question, it could be an oversight but it may be that different offices have small differences in the procedures.

I sent them an email just to be on the safe side. My email came from Kitchener IRCC, by the way.
Do let us know what they say to your mail :)