+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
I need some thoughts from our experienced friends @USProgrammer please!
I passed the re-medicals on Oct 20th and today I got an ADR for a new Schedule A.
Since applying for PR I have moved to Canada on a work visa. Could this be the reason for the request?

Can anyone shed some light??
Yes. I can give some insights based on my experience, and as I know how some of us, including myself, love speculating about ircc world hehe.

I changed countries during process and was asked also for schedule A and travel history but post AOR ones. When I submitted my file moved quickly.

I think for my case they either just wanted an updated account of my activities, or double check that my status was good everywhere where I stayed after I submitted (for eg. did I stay anywhere else in Europe more than a cumulative 6 months? (because I could do it if I wanted); Did I overstay my permit in Germany?...). Ofc these are speculations. The curious thing though is that I called after a day when I submitted the ADR, and the agent started asking me if I intend to live in Québec or if I went there before lol.

What I can point out though for you to check: the introductory paragraph of the request letter you've received. There are two ways they write it: having something like: "in ordre to continue processing " or "in ordre to make a decision". I think the first applies for security checks as I've seen people receiving it after the first recommendation on eligibility; the latter (which I got) is when officer wants an accurate update or to double check something. Personally, once they've seen it my file was passed and remedicals triggered, and final approval arrived in less than a week.

Reactions: Scottish Aly

Scottish Aly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Scotland UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Yes. I can give some insights based on my experience, and as I know how some of us, including myself, love speculating about ircc world hehe.

I changed countries during process and was asked also for schedule A and travel history but post AOR ones. When I submitted my file moved quickly.

I think for my case they either just wanted an updated account of my activities, or double check that my status was good everywhere where I stayed after I submitted (for eg. did I stay anywhere else in Europe more than a cumulative 6 months? (because I could do it if I wanted); Did I overstay my permit in Germany?...). Ofc these are speculations. The curious thing though is that I called after a day when I submitted the ADR, and the agent started asking me if I intend to live in Québec or if I went there before lol.

What I can point out though for you to check: the introductory paragraph of the request letter you've received. There are two ways they write it: having something like: "in ordre to continue processing " or "in ordre to make a decision". I think the first applies for security checks as I've seen people receiving it after the first recommendation on eligibility; the latter (which I got) is when officer wants an accurate update or to double check something. Personally, once they've seen it my file was passed and remedicals triggered, and final approval arrived in less than a week.
Thanks so much for the reply.
I just checked and it says ‘In order to make a decision’
I have already passed remedical so hopefully some good news soon!!!

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Guys, today I received this in reply to a webform raised.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application:

· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

• The responsible office has verified the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied.

• The eligibility requirements are met.
· The security background verification is in process.

· The criminal background verification is currently valid.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Does this mean eligibility passed? AOR - 2 dec 2018.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application:

· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

• The responsible office has verified the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

only recommended passed, once your BG is completed, another officer will review your file and finalize everything at once.

RhyFerrer

Jan 10, 2019
Hello everyone!

I’m new here, can someone give any reaction on the status I received with my PR application from our MP office?

Will highly appreciate any feedback or suggestion.

Good morning Ryan,

You are more than welcome for the response – and thank you for your kind words.

The MP desk at Immigration provided the following update:

· The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office, Sydney, NS, on December 28, 2018.

· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent's application is complete, has been finalized.

· The Etobicoke IRCC office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.

o the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized.

· The medical examination results are on file and valid until:

o November 23, 2019 for my wife

o December 2, 2019 for Applicant

o Please note the medical results for my son were referred for further review and assessment on September 10, 2019.

· The criminality verifications have not been initiated for Wife but are in process for Applicant.

· The security verifications have not been initiated.

· Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing time to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.

It would seem that your file has been deemed “non-routine” by Immigration: What this means is that the standard/average processing times no longer apply. These posted processing times on the CIC website apply to about 80% of the files that Immigration receives: Your file is now in the other 20%. As things stand now, the file will take as long as Immigration feels it should take.

A few things can be taken from the MP desk update: The eligibility criteria has been finalized. The medical exam results for everyone are on file; however, it would seem that Radcliffe’s have been sent for further review (which is probably why the file has now been declared “non-routine”). They have started criminal checks on you, but your wife’s are not started. They have also not started security background checks for either of you – and these are sometimes the checks that can take the longest.

As a suggestion, it would be prudent to send another update request in about two to two and a half months’ time: This would allow Immigration time to work on the file and to update the notes in the computer system. Anything requested before that might yield a similar response to the one above.

If you have any questions or comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to be in touch.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hello everyone!

I’m new here, can someone give any reaction on the status I received with my PR application from our MP office?

Good morning Ryan,

· The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office, Sydney, NS, on December 28, 2018.

· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent's application is complete, has been finalized.

· The Etobicoke IRCC office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.

o Please note the medical results for my son were referred for further review and assessment on September 10, 2019.

· The criminality verifications have not been initiated for Wife but are in process for Applicant.

· Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing time to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.

It would seem that your file has been deemed “non-routine” by Immigration: What this means is that the standard/average processing times no longer apply. These posted processing times on the CIC website apply to about 80% of the files that Immigration receives: Your file is now in the other 20%. As things stand now, the file will take as long as Immigration feels it should take.

A few things can be taken from the MP desk update: The eligibility criteria has been finalized. The medical exam results for everyone are on file; however, it would seem that Radcliffe’s have been sent for further review (which is probably why the file has now been declared “non-routine”). They have started criminal checks on you, but your wife’s are not started. They have also not started security background checks for either of you – and these are sometimes the checks that can take the longest.

As a suggestion, it would be prudent to send another update request in about two to two and a half months’ time: This would allow Immigration time to work on the file and to update the notes in the computer system. Anything requested before that might yield a similar response to the one above.

If you have any questions or comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to be in touch.

The Good News is your file is not neglected but is being worked on..
As mentioned in the above email - THE SUMMARY SAYS IT ALL
"""
A few things can be taken from the MP desk update: The eligibility criteria has been finalized. The medical exam results for everyone are on file; however, it would seem that Radcliffe’s have been sent for further review (which is probably why the file has now been declared “non-routine”). They have started criminal checks on you, but your wife’s are not started. They have also not started security background checks for either of you – and these are sometimes the checks that can take the longest."""

My File was sent for medical review on Sept 10th after all checks were passed - So is your Son's - i am still waiting on update ..

Also criminality and security checks are due - might take 1-2 months atleast - unless ircc gets vigourous in a quick process..

All i can recommend is wait - call once in 2 weeks - raise web form monthly and maybe order gcms at your will ..

If your application was for a single candidate - would have moved way faster -

Good luck - hang in there -

Last edited:
Reactions: vesha1990

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Thank you so much..

Successfully completed everything. Got my SIN.. Waiting for PR Card. Visited many places. Straightforward process and no issues at Airport.

1. POF
2. Yes (probably not asked for)
3. Yes (probably not asked for)
4. No. They will use the one on CoPR
5. Everything, but in groups. List precious things separately, but list common things together, like "plates and bowls", "shirts", etc. Values in CAD.
6. Declare any CAD over $10,000, and expect them to ask how much CAD you are carrying upon landing

Do not sign your CoPR until directed to by the officer.

Congrats and good luck. Get your SIN after landing at a Service Canada office.

Reactions: ladyday and kzeed12

aumar1

Jul 15, 2019
Hello everyone!

Good morning Ryan,

Hey Ryan, seems like your file is moving forward and being worked on, which is I guess what all of us here at dreaming for, and that is a very detailed reply from the MP office. May I ask what email address did you direct your enquiry towards? Thanks

Reactions: kzeed12

aumar1

Jul 15, 2019
Hello,
1. I noticed it depends on which VO you are in. Based on my experience and two friends, Ottawa asks for them when everything is done. Also you get the ppr quickly after you clear them. But it takes a while for people in Sydney. No idea about other VOs.

2. Erin Weir. I never contacted him myself but he does answer.

Good luck!
Hey Maya, thanks for the reply and congrats on the golden email!! Great news !

Erin Weir is not an MP anymore either I believe post 2019 elections, waiting on my GCMS notes due in 5 days, and if there is nothing of significance there will find someone to email for an update, and will let everyone know if I am successful. Thanks anyways and all the best!

In regards to re-med, I'm in Syd, Australia. Hard to find any examples here as not many people active here from Sydney, Australia. Will just have to wait, as usual.

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
@Pura Vida any nice news on your end? Still cheering for you here my friend. Keep us posted.
Hello my dear friend, thanks for remembering about me. Actually, nothing new after remedical passed one month ago. The status is still the same with Eligibility passed, crim passed and security not started (i called 'em last friday and told me the same status) I pray to all of the remaining candidates to receive the ppr asap. I ll inform you whenever I receive it. Thanks again @MarcioSilva

Stay14

Oct 10, 2019

It is passed