FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
31-01-2019
Quick question - my wife recently got a visa rejection for a tourist visa to US. But this is a recent thing, 5 months after submitting AOR. Should this information be updated to CPC through web form?
Small correction, 5 months after AOR* on Dec 21

Goyalharsh85

Dec 12, 2018
I just called IRCC..waited for almost 25 mins ana then finally the call was connected to an agent...

She told that ther has been no movement in my file after MEP which was on 18th feb. Eligibility, background criminality checks have not started yet. Also, she told because of the volume of cases there I no surety of processing within 6 months.

Can anyone suggest how much time it takes from eligibility/background check start to PPR. my aor is 27th dec. Only 35 days left.

Dipi1305

Star Member
May 21, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Nov-2018
Nomination.....
14-Oct-2018
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2018
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2019
Passport Req..
17-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2019
LANDED..........
06-11-2019
I just called IRCC..waited for almost 25 mins ana then finally the call was connected to an agent...

She told that ther has been no movement in my file after MEP which was on 18th feb. Eligibility, background criminality checks have not started yet. Also, she told because of the volume of cases there I no surety of processing within 6 months.

Can anyone suggest how much time it takes from eligibility/background check start to PPR. my aor is 27th dec. Only 35 days left.
Same here... for me only 20 days left and no progress since the medical passed on 2nd feb. I called IRCC yesterday and got the same information as displayed on my IRCC portal. He had no information about VO office, security status, criminality status. He just kept on staying I should wait as he can see that it is at last stage and I will be soon hearing from them either for ADR or PPR!!
I guess wait is the only option till timeline or at the max we can order GCMS notes which will again take 30-45 days to arrive.

meg2318

Star Member
May 15, 2019
hi guys
i had just called the ircc got to know hat my visa office is edmonton .... but no up date on progress ... still reviewing eligibility and background check in progress.... she told its with in time line but cant tell it can extend also
Guys any one else from edmonton vo got PPR

mananmehta218

Aug 30, 2018

Hi Harsh, just wanted to a little assistance. I've been trying to call IRCC but i get to hear the exact same status as stated in my profile..How do i get to speak with the agent?? It keep saying that due to heavy load we are unable to connect

meg2318

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi Harsh, just wanted to a little assistance. I've been trying to call IRCC but i get to hear the exact same status as stated in my profile..How do i get to speak with the agent?? It keep saying that due to heavy load we are unable to connect
u can call between 11 30 and 12 afternoon ... 2 times when i called they connected during that time :)

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
hi guys
i had just called the ircc got to know hat my visa office is edmonton .... but no up date on progress ... still reviewing eligibility and background check in progress.... she told its with in time line but cant tell it can extend also
Guys any one else from edmonton vo got PPR
I have been hearing the same from Edmonton for the past two months
Only 18 days left in my time line and bg check, eligibility are taking forever.
There are some people who received pprs with late Dec aors.
I am not sure if they would be able to complete within time lines :eek:
Anyway hope for the best :)

Reactions: Rahul.Tech16

athwalkaur

Mar 11, 2015
"CRS score at application 483, CRS score Assessed 468"

I can't see specifically why this is the case but your score as assessed and your score as submitted don't match which is probably why it's under review
I see that they haven't awarded 15 points for sibling. My brother is a PR living in QC and I chose ontario do you think that's why they didn't award adaptability points?
They have alse deducted 5 adaptability points from total 74 fsw points and awarded only 69.

Rahul.Tech16

Dec 14, 2018
Same case for me. CPC Edmonton is very slow. My eligibility check is going on forever.

meg2318

Star Member
May 15, 2019
oh ok mine 11 days left ...

Reactions: JD20

ramimedhat

May 26, 2018
You can land anywhere, including Quebec. Your first destination where you enter Canada will be the place where you get your immigration formalities done.

If you are flying directly to Ottawa, then your immigration formalities will be done there.

If you are flying to Ottawa via, Montreal, or Toronto, or any other POE, your immigration will be done there.
Hi @legalfalcon,

I just had a question concerning what you have previously mentioned. When I applied for Express Entry I was planning on living in Toronto. However, I ended up getting accepted at a university in Montreal and now I will be living in Quebec for at least a year. Regardless of where I land first, will I encounter any issues?

Edit: I have also applied for a CAQ and student visa just in case I didn't get the COPR in time before my program starts in August.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: