May 4, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-12-2018
IELTS Request
21-04-2018
Yes but if you have an airtel SIM you can call from your mobile. I called them from my mobile too, with airtel talk more #500 to get #2500 you are good to go
I don’t have an Airtel sim. I guess I will have to get one. Thanks.

Reactions: Xplorezee.

Xplorezee.

Nov 25, 2018
How many more days does it take to get ppr after, eligibility, criminality and security have been passed.
Visa office- Ottawa.

Any idea please...
Newbie in the building

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Why call the Officers? You are just generating unnecessary work to them. Theoretically, all ppl on this topic have AOR from 01/12/18 to 31/12/18 thus we need to wait. The majority of people here is in the same stage (Medicals Passed/ IP2). There is no need to freak-out. We need to wait. Unless you have a real issue to report (example did not get medicals approved until now or anything different) you should not call. Help yourself and other folks that are waiting for their processes. If you reach 5 months and did not hear anything, ok, maybe it is time to order GCMS notes, but with 94 days? We are in 50% of the time that they requested. No need to rush and get the overload and backlog even worse with non-sense requests.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
You would never be speaking with a case processing officer, so when you call IRCC you are not adding to their backlog or making it worse in any way because the call center agents are uniquely dedicated to answering calls for the benefit of applicants and to provide updates or program information on spousal sponsorship, adoption and a variety of other things.

While it is important to not abuse the call center service by calling too frequently, it is definitely there for us to use, and I recommend that people use it in conjunction with GCMS notes, should they so choose. (Even the preparation of GCMS notes is handled by dedicated staff, and not case processing officers.) Finally, different people handle their anxiety and stress differently -- it's important to not pass judgement or offer advice unsolicited. :)

Why call the Officers? You are just generating unnecessary work to them. Theoretically, all ppl on this topic have AOR from 01/12/18 to 31/12/18 thus we need to wait. The majority of people here is in the same stage (Medicals Passed/ IP2). There is no need to freak-out. We need to wait. Unless you have a real issue to report (example did not get medicals approved until now or anything different) you should not call. Help yourself and other folks that are waiting for their processes. If you reach 5 months and did not hear anything, ok, maybe it is time to order GCMS notes, but with 94 days? We are in 50% of the time that they requested. No need to rush and get the overload and backlog even worse with non-sense requests.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I don’t have an Airtel sim. I guess I will have to get one. Thanks.
I suggest you try another phone and make sure you install the Hangouts Dialer if it's Android or just the Hangouts app on iOS. If not, instead of getting a SIM, you can very cheaply call using Skype on your phone or computer. I would suggest that before getting a new SIM. That's just my opinion though.

You would never be speaking with a case processing officer, so when you call IRCC you are not adding to their backlog or making it worse in any way because the call center agents are uniquely dedicated to answering calls for the benefit of applicants and to provide updates or program information on spousal sponsorship, adoption and a variety of other things.

While it is important to not abuse the call center service by calling too frequently, it is definitely there for us to use, and I recommend that people use it in conjunction with GCMS notes, should they so choose. (Even the preparation of GCMS notes is handled by dedicated staff, and not case processing officers.) Finally, different people handle their anxiety and stress differently -- it's important to not pass judgement or offer advice unsolicited. :)
I have but only one like to give. Extreme like.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
@OVIE, I would say the same exact thing, but @USProgrammer beat me to it.
I suggest you try another phone and make sure you install the Hangouts Dialer if it's Android or just the Hangouts app on iOS. If not, instead of getting a SIM, you can very cheaply call using Skype on your phone or computer. I would suggest that before getting a new SIM. That's just my opinion though.

I have but only one like to give. Extreme like.

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018

Totally disagree, but here we are in a nice democracy. If they asked me to wait 180 days, there is no point to start rushing them with 94 days. But that is my point of view... I guess we would help the processes to go smoothly. Just my guess.

Reactions: ashishInd

DecemberAOR

Mar 4, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Guys.
AOR 24th Dec
Med 8th Feb
Last Month on 20th Feb I had gotten Additional documents Request.( Family information Forum) I had submitted right way. Then now 2 days Before I got the Same Additional documents Request, But this time it's fir my wife.I have no Idea What's Going on

Daddytj

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Doc's Request.
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Yes but if you have an airtel SIM you can call from your mobile. I called them from my mobile too, with airtel talk more #500 to get #2500 you are good to go
Hello guys ehats your aor?

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Just got off the phone with IRCC after getting my ghost update.

Visa office: CIO Sydney
Medical: passed
Criminality: passed
Security: passed
Eligibility: passed

She said she can't say it's officially approved until I get the PPR email, but she said that's all I'm waiting on. Everything is approved, confirming once again what we know about ghost update before PPR.

For all the people who say IP1/2 and ghost updates (including real IP2 after false IP2) are meaningless :rolleyes:, I'd say they're wrong, since my app at least tracked right along with everything we already knew.
Very happy for you hope you get your PPR very soon! i know you're not in a hurry to move but it will be great to know this step is over!

Reactions: USProgrammer