+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date of working experience completed in Canada

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Hello,
I started counting working experience from April 30 2019 as my confirmation for submitting Work Permit on the same day. I will complete 1 year on April 30 2020. I'm creating EE profile now. What should I put for the month of completion, April or May. If I put April, I might receive ITA in draws of April. But I'm not sure which month I should use. I'm afraid that CIC would review my application bc of this.
Thank you for your help

Reactions: Aysherman

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hello friend.
Are you still working?
I m asking because of the state of emergency due to COVUD 19. My one year comoletes in 7 weeks but my workplace is shut down. I am so desperate. I do not know whether they are going to count the weeks under EI in my experience or extend my work permit or even worse do nothing about it.

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Hello friend.
Are you still working?
I m asking because of the state of emergency due to COVUD 19. My one year comoletes in 7 weeks but my workplace is shut down. I am so desperate. I do not know whether they are going to count the weeks under EI in my experience or extend my work permit or even worse do nothing about it.
Hi
As I know if you apply for EI, means that you are not working during that time, so it won't count. Try to discuss with your employer to help you on pay cheque If it still open somehow, not shutdown totally

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hi
As I know if you apply for EI, means that you are not working during that time, so it won't count. Try to discuss with your employer to help you on pay cheque If it still open somehow, not shutdown totally

They get fined if they issue any payrolls. I applied for EI because I thought it will be better than no documents since my ROE letter mentions temporarily terminated due to COVID19. I would have been working more 7 weeks under normal situation and it is totally unfair if they penalize me for a thing beyond my control specially for such a global crisis. It would make sense to extend work permits for as long as the mandatory shut down.

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
They get fined if they issue any payrolls. I applied for EI because I thought it will be better than no documents since my ROE letter mentions temporarily terminated due to COVID19. I would have been working more 7 weeks under normal situation and it is totally unfair if they penalize me for a thing beyond my control specially for such a global crisis. It would make sense to extend work permits for as long as the mandatory shut down.
Yes. I totally agree that it is unfair for those who like us. But I also dont think that they will understand. But what is your industry? My employer still open, but just for some emergency cases. I dont know if they will get fined or not, dont hear any thing from them. Can you explain that you work from home? I intend to send webform to ask about this.

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Yes. I totally agree that it is unfair for those who like us. But I also dont think that they will understand. But what is your industry? My employer still open, but just for some emergency cases. I dont know if they will get fined or not, dont hear any thing from them. Can you explain that you work from home? I intend to send webform to ask about this.

I work in a Child care as an ECE All childcares are closed at least untill March 31st. I am assuming longer due to the evolving situation. They are great people. They would have issue my payroll if they could. I asked and they showed me the email from the head offoce that there will be a fine if issuing payrolls.

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
I see. I work for an optometrist clinic. There is no any notice about the fine yet. When will your work permit expire? You can send webform to ask about your concern, cic will reply in 3-5 business days. I will send one to ask about mines tomorrow

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
I see. I work for an optometrist clinic. There is no any notice about the fine yet. When will your work permit expire? You can send webform to ask about your concern, cic will reply in 3-5 business days. I will send one to ask about mines tomorrow

Mine will be expired on June 13th. Can I send a webform at this moment, O mean before I apply for a change of or restoring my status?

When will yours expire?

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Mine expires in 2022 as I got 3 years long. I think you can apply to extend your work permit. First, apply for restoration. Ask for your employer a letter that they expect you to work for them longer and so on. I have a friend who have done the same. He just got 1 year wp, when his wp nearly expired and no way that he can think of to be able to stay in canada longer, he was advised by a lawyer to try a final solution that extend wp. And he was lucky to get 1 year more. He is from Brazil. So I think this time bc of covid 19, cic will understand your situation and maybe give you more time. Try to write a letter which show your desire, full of emotion

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Nobody here can do much more than speculate on how COVID will affect immigration applications other than maybe to suggest people keep full records of work todate and if laid off proof if any that it was as a direct result of COVID.

There are so many government proposal, programs and exceptions floating around at the moment to assist workers that it will be key when things improve to have a well documented case should there be relief for the CEC program or any program, there may be there may not be nobody here can say one way or the other and nobody on the forum should even speculate

Reactions: Aysherman

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello friend.
Are you still working?
If you are not working, then you can't count time which you haven't worked toward your work experience. It wouldn't make any sense.
Yes, it's sad but besides completing your work experience at a later date, you will not be able to complete this. If your work permit is expiring soon you can apply to extend your stay, just check IRCC website.

But until you complete the 1 year work experience you will not be eligible for CEC.

dipen135

Jun 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hello friend.
Are you still working?
Hi,

I would suggest rather than applying for EI apply for canada emergency response benefit that was introduce by PM today as you have not permanently lost your job. It might help explaning CIC that you lost your job because of COVID 19 and not because of your own fault.

https://www.cheknews.ca/trudeau-unveils-details-of-new-canada-emergency-response-benefit-to-displaced-workers-657825/

iamalazyperson

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hello, I am also on the same boat. I will complete my 1 year experience in this coming Aug, but I will be temporary laid off due to COVID-19 in April. Does the previous work experience counted after I work for 4 more months after everything settle down? or I have to re-accumulate the 1 year experience after everything resume?
I feel so bad and loss..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,
I started counting working experience from April 30 2019 as my confirmation for submitting Work Permit on the same day. I will complete 1 year on April 30 2020. I'm creating EE profile now. What should I put for the month of completion, April or May. If I put April, I might receive ITA in draws of April. But I'm not sure which month I should use. I'm afraid that CIC would review my application bc of this.
Thank you for your help
You can draft your profile with correct information, just don't submit it until you complete 1 year.