+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Address at Landing, Address to Receive PR Card Not Same/Differ From the Nomination Province

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Hi,

I was nominated by Ontario and have received my immigration visa. I currently reside in Alberta. I am defending my thesis in a month so need to stay in Alberta for a few months before relocating to Ontario. I will be landing at the Niagara falls port of entry in a few days from now and need to return to Alberta right after. I have following questions:

1. At the time of landing (in Ontario), is it OK to tell the officer about my current province of residence (Alberta) and just ensure him/her about my intention to move to Ontario in near future after the completion of my studies in Alberta? Do I need to provide any sort of proof to support my claim? FYI, I have letters from friends who currently reside in Ontario whom have agreed to provide accommodation for me upon my relocation to Ontario.
  2. After landing and in order to apply for PR Card, Can I give my Alberta address to receive the card or is it better to give a friend's address who is located in Ontario to avoid any possible complication
  3. Does the PR card application happens at landing?
  4. Can I apply for new SIN after landing back in Alberta or should it be done in Ontario? FYI, I am only staying in Ontario for 2 days for the purpose of landing
I appreciate your input!

Links from CIC website or other government sources are highly appreciated!

Last edited:

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Though I am not completely sure, but I have read somewhere that once you do you landing with pnp based prvisa you should report in within three months to the nominating province. If not they report to ircc about it.
It will be good to inform about your plan but not sure what repercussion it will have.

You better check this with ircc directly or with some lawyer.

Hi,

I currently reside in Alberta and will be landing at the Niagara falls port of entry in a few weeks from now. I was nominated by Ontario and have received my immigration visa. I have following question:

1. At the time of landing (in Ontario), is it OK to tell the officer about my current province of residence (Alberta) and just ensure him/her about my intention to move to Ontario in near future after the completion of my studies in Alberta? Do I need to provide any sort of proof to support my claim?
  2. After landing and in order to apply for PR Card, Can I give my Alberta address to receive the card or is it better to give a friend's address who is located in Ontario to avoid any possible complication?
I appreciate it if you could support your suggestion with references from CIC website or other government sources.