+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
hello
when calculating the CRS score, the 4th question is to enter the highest degree you earned abroad or in canada. If i did my bachelor's outside of Canada and completed a 2-year post-grad diploma program in Canada, what am I supposed to select? when i select ''2-year program at a uni, college, or another institute in canada'' they do not ask me anything about my bachelor's and therefore they do not take into consideration yet to my knowledge having a bachelor's degree gives extra points. Am i missing something? is a bachelor's degree considered a higher degree than a post-grad diploma from a college?
thanks

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
If you want to select 2 or more than you need an ECA for your Bachelor’s degree.
there is an option '' two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a 3-year program or more'' should i select that option in this situation ?
thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
there is an option '' two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a 3-year program or more'' should i select that option in this situation ?
thanks
What do you have or is this hypothetical from your past questions. To select that you need a three year degree (if outside Canada, you need an ECA stating that) and then another diploma inside or outside Canada (ECA).

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
yes, I know that, do you know the conditions for ECA?
and does the bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a college, university, or another institute) option brings more points than the two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees option?
thanks sir/madam

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes, I know that, do you know the conditions for ECA?
and does the bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a college, university, or another institute) option brings more points than the two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees option?
thanks sir/madam
Two or more degrees, certificates give you more points than a bachelors because with two or more, you have an ECA with a degree of at least 3 years and a certificate/diploma.