+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Rehabilitation Application at Sydney, Australia Office

seanmm24

Sep 6, 2018
I applied for criminal rehabilitation at he Sydney visa office in April 2021. Waiting anxiously for any kind of a response. Has anybody going through this application with this or another visa office in recent times who could share their timelines for communication or approval to a rehab application?

Dec 18, 2017
I applied for criminal rehabilitation at he Sydney visa office in April 2021. Waiting anxiously for any kind of a response. Has anybody going through this application with this or another visa office in recent times who could share their timelines for communication or approval to a rehab application?
Im currently living in Canada I submitted my application in 2018 I have conviction from the USA from 13 yrs ago. your eligible to apply for rehab 10 years after the end of your sentence. I applied in 2018 and still have not gotten any reply. I also Applied for a H&C in 2017 as well and I still have not gotten any decision or response.
march 2023 I received a letter via email from IRCC saying that I am missing a identity document specifically passport. So they withdrew my application and returned my fee. I do not have a passport and they know this cause i was placed in removal proceeding in 2012 and it took them til 2016 to get a emergency travel document from my country. Once they got it and ask me to book my ticket, I filed a application to seek judicial review. Filing that judicial review ended up 'staying' the removal (which the federal court judge said was unreasonable anyway). I sent my birth cert. with my original application yet they still request a passport. This is the puzzling part for me. hope this helped someone. Oh yeah and still NO answer for H&C from 2017.