+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credit Card Declined for CSQ application

ryanfmartin

Dec 4, 2018
My undertaking appplication for family sponsorship was sent back to me because my credit card was declined for security reasons—which is infuriating. I’ve already communicated with CIC and was granted an extension for my application there. My question is if it’s okay to simply send back my original application with updated payment information and assurances from my bank that the transaction won’t be declined. Any informed opinion is helpful.

Thanks!

samijade14

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
27-03-2019
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
29-01-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
H
My undertaking appplication for family sponsorship was sent back to me because my credit card was declined for security reasons—which is infuriating. I’ve already communicated with CIC and was granted an extension for my application there. My question is if it’s okay to simply send back my original application with updated payment information and assurances from my bank that the transaction won’t be declined. Any informed opinion is helpful.

Thanks!
Hi, i would like to know how you got the extension? and how did you know that it was declined? did they inform you/ how long it took to come back to you after being declined? i may be in the same situation. its been 4 weeks since my CSQ was received and I havent heard anything, my credit card doesnt say anything about it being declined..

ryanfmartin

Dec 4, 2018
I wrote to CIC via the website asking for an extension and received it. But I did receive a letter from MIDI informing me that the card was declined. Once I got that, however, I was able to call and get information from MIDI about my application. It sounds like they are pretty backed up there with shifting immigration policies being introduced, so four weeks doesn’t sound too long.

The number I called was 514.864.9191. I had case number to refer to, but they might be able to help you if you haven’t received one yet.

Reactions: samijade14

samijade14

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
27-03-2019
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
29-01-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
I wrote to CIC via the website asking for an extension and received it. But I did receive a letter from MIDI informing me that the card was declined. Once I got that, however, I was able to call and get information from MIDI about my application. It sounds like they are pretty backed up there with shifting immigration policies being introduced, so four weeks doesn’t sound too long.

The number I called was 514.864.9191. I had case number to refer to, but they might be able to help you if you haven’t received one yet.
how long did it take to return to you by mail? i feel like if something wasnt right i would know by now.. 4 weeks a long time to wait for bad news

samijade14

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
27-03-2019
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
29-01-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020

Thanks!
Did you have to pay any extra fees for your credit card being declined? Like double the amount for the next application to make up for the application that got declined? Or it was just a letter to say you were declined and you didn’t have to pay anymore? The same thing happened to me but I haven’t received it in the post back yet I just sent a new application. W

ay ay

Jul 17, 2020
Hi,
Asking for any possible things might happen after.
My credit card declined my payment for CSQ Quebec.
I got devastated.
I do not know any reasons for that.
My question is, since i will resend again my application for csq, does it lengthen more the processing time? I have been waiting for it for 7 months maybe got delayed because of covid.
Does it take another more months to get a response from them?...
Im afraid that i will be wasting again more months of waiting because of this.
Hoping anyone can enlighten me.
Thank you.