+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Layoff/Missing info intimation to CIC

abpandey

Mar 28, 2020
Hello everybody,

Due to the COVID-19 wave sweeping across the country, I was laid off a couple of days back. Do I need to inform the CIC about this incident? The points I claimed for my experience DO NOT get affected because of this layoff.

On a side-note, I just noticed that the reference letter from my employer submitted to them DOESN'T include their phone number.

CIC says "a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address]..."
Should I be informing the CIC about this error or wait for them to contact me, if at all?

Thank you.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello everybody,

Due to the COVID-19 wave sweeping across the country, I was laid off a couple of days back. Do I need to inform the CIC about this incident? The points I claimed for my experience DO NOT get affected because of this layoff.

On a side-note, I just noticed that the reference letter from my employer submitted to them DOESN'T include their phone number.

• should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address]..."
Should I be informing the CIC about this error or wait for them to contact me, if at all?

Thank you.
You're supposed to inform them about any changes in employment status. Regarding the phone number I'd wait, for them to request it from you, it's not really a big deal

abpandey

Mar 28, 2020
Hello,

Thank you for that. So I will wait for my employer to issue a ROE and submit the same to the CIC via a WebForm.

Do we get a confirmation email of information being updated by the CIC?

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hello everybody,

Thank you.
Op, mind if I ask what their response was? Could you share your experience?

abpandey

Mar 28, 2020
Hello, I haven't informed the CIC about this incident. Turns out that I have been furloughed, so technically not unemployed, simply laid off temporarily. On this ground I have abstained from making any WebForm entry for now. If I get a position elsewhere, I will inform them of the change in employment.

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hello, I haven't informed the CIC about this incident. Turns out that I have been furloughed, so technically not unemployed, simply laid off temporarily. On this ground I have abstained from making any WebForm entry for now. If I get a position elsewhere, I will inform them of the change in employment.
aha.. That makes sense. Thank you for your response!