+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

couple of questions...PLEASE HELP!!!

Lauryn

Aug 16, 2007
Hi everybody!
I have a couple of questions that have been probably been answered already but I can't seem to find the exact answer.

I sent my inland sponsorship ALONG WITH visitor visa extension on December 19th 2007 (all in the same envelope). My visa expires next week, I know i have implied status until they tell me something. The question is how do they notify you, via phone call or letter? I have no news from them yet and I'm a little bit worried. I don't like the feeling of being "illegal".

Second question: when I sent the application I didn't have the marriage certificate yet and I sent the record of solemnization together with a note saying I would send the certificate as soon as i got it. Well, now that I have it, how should I send it? I don't have an ID client number yet (and I guess I won't get one until they start processing my file) so how are they gonna know that's mine? should I write a note or something? and what is the exact address where I should send it?

One more thing, do u guys think it will take much longer for me to get any news? Should I call CIC?

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
I'm not sure what timeline will apply for you since both items were in the same envelope.

The CIC website states that they are only processing PR applications received up to September 2, 2007 but visa extensions are up December 18, 2007.

If they have opened your package and started on the visa extension they are quoting 58 days processing time so you should be hearing something soon. When I was waiting for mine I called to check but all they would tell me was their processing times and to just "wait". All I got in the mail was the new visa, nothing else.
Hope that helps.

Lauryn

Aug 16, 2007
yesssss!!
thanks for your answers.
I got my extension the other day, just one day before the expire date, and they extended it for one year! so i'm more relaxed now LOL

i got a question, there's something like a sticker on the visa, and I'm wondering what that is for, there's nothing under it. That paper they sent me is my visa? do I need to go somewhere to get my passport stamped or do something??
THANKS AGAIN!

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Because I'd asked for and received a 12 month visa when I first arrived in Canada, I just stapled my new extension into my passport the same way immigration put that first one in for me (but on the next blank page of course!). It takes a bit of origami folding to get them in there but I've had no problems with it.