+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could I apply, 1 year not yet been completed in KSA

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear guys I am Pakistani legally admited in KSA and working here for last 9 months, I have heard at this forum that, first I have to complete 1 year legally in KSA to apply for FSW from London office whereas official site of London visa office says :

"We provide these services to residents, nationals, or persons legally admitted to these countries"(KSA mentioned in the list). http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/missions/unitedkingdom-royaumeuni/visas/menu-eng.asp

As per the above link there is no restriction for a period. Could you guys clear me this issue??

Regards

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Re: Could I apply, 1 year not completed yet in KSA

Hello nimmiboy,

As long as you can show proof that you are currently residing legally in KSA (iqama), it doesnt matter how long you have been staying in KSA. You might got confused about the 1 year working experience requirement which CIC had asked in order for one to qualify to apply as an FSW.

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Could I apply, 1 year not yet been completed in KSA

aspire said:
Hello nimmiboy,

As long as you can show proof that you are currently residing legally in KSA (iqama), it doesnt matter how long you have been staying in KSA. You might got confused about the 1 year working experience requirement which CIC had asked in order for one to qualify to apply as an FSW.
Dear aspire, I just read EG7.pdf few moments ago and it says :

Visa Office requested for the processing of your application: Write the name of the Visa Office which serves:
your country of nationality; or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

It means I will have to wait unless my one year complete in KSA. This is what I understand by reading EG7.pdf.

Seniors pls comment.

Regards

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

nimmiboy, if you are living in a country other than your country of citizenship, its not that you have to live for at least one year in foreign country before you could apply. "legally admitted for one year" means that you should have a valid visa of at least one year to live in the foreign country.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010

i remember reading a case where a guy from Brasil was in USA for 6 months and applied from Buffalo office... CIC, NS approved it , but when the sent the final pack to CHC, Buffalo, they sent the file back to NS to forward to Brazil since that guy had not completed his year in USA.

you have the option of chosing ISB as your visa office....

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Could I apply, 1 year not yet been completed in KSA

ja77 said:
nimmiboy, if you are living in a country other than your country of citizenship, its not that you have to live for at least one year in foreign country before you could apply. "legally admitted for one year" means that you should have a valid visa of at least one year to live in the foreign country.
Oh thanks ja77, I got wrong this statement. It means I can ...

Regards

tamercool

Jun 10, 2009

YES YOU CAN

Iam Egyptian work in syria less than one year and select visa office syria
and everything is ok , got AOR , ...
Thanks