+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR validity

confusedSoul

Oct 29, 2009
Does any one know what is the validity of COPR.. I mean after getting stamp in passport, how much time we have before landing ? What is the validity of Immigrant Visa stamp.

Thanks.

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

If you are referring to AINP, the Visa is valid till about 1 year from the date of medicals. You need to land before that time. Your Visa will have the expiry date anyway...

C

cchabert

My example:

Medicals done in June 22 2009
Visa received on October 27
Visa expire on June 22 2010

So I have pretty much 8 months to land

My Brother in law:

When they received their visa, they only have 3 months left to land.

Every case is different

Cheers!

Apr 27, 2020
Good day everyone. I was just wondering, my family's case (they are still in the Philippines), received their CoPRs on Nov 28 2019 and have until June 3 2020 to land here, but due to this COVID-19 Crisis, departures from Philippines were suspended until June 1st until further notice. Let's say come June 3rd and flights are still cancelled, can we request for an extension of entry of validity? Will CIC / IRCC consider this? Thank you do much.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Good day everyone. I was just wondering, my family's case (they are still in the Philippines), received their CoPRs on Nov 28 2019 and have until June 3 2020 to land here, but due to this COVID-19 Crisis, departures from Philippines were suspended until June 1st until further notice. Let's say come June 3rd and flights are still cancelled, can we request for an extension of entry of validity? Will CIC / IRCC consider this? Thank you do much.
Follow instructions here to send in a web form saying cannot travel at present. Send it now do not wait until near June. There is no specific extension but as long as you register you will be in the system

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

there are many posts about same subject such as

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-220

RajTN

Jan 13, 2021
Hi, I have received PPR letter today Dec-2 and my dependents are outside Canada. One of my dependent medical is valid only till this month 22 December 2021. What will be the COPR validity and will it affect the Visa validity also? Shall I proceed sending passport for stamping via 2way courier. by that time if they stamp and comes and if visa is valid less than a week, it will be difficult to travel. Please share your thoughts.

Ritz1988

Nov 14, 2021
Hi, I have received PPR letter today Dec-2 and my dependents are outside Canada. One of my dependent medical is valid only till this month 22 December 2021. What will be the COPR validity and will it affect the Visa validity also? Shall I proceed sending passport for stamping via 2way courier. by that time if they stamp and comes and if visa is valid less than a week, it will be difficult to travel. Please share your thoughts.
I am in same boat. but send passport for stamping. definitely they should give long validity as they will know that anyone can not travel in such short time.
Keep me updated once you receive stamped passport.