+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR in another country

Dec 6, 2022
Hi All,

I received Passport request for my mom's PR today which she had applied from India. She came to USA last week to visit my brother for a few months, so I will have to submit her passport for COPR in US now. I am bit confused on the process for this:

1. Should I just visit VAC office in USA and submit her documents for Visa stamping?
2. Should I email CPC Mississauga first and seek their approval to submit passport in US instead of India?

Looking for guidance here if anyone faced similar situation. Thanks in advance!