+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR delays for folks in US

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
The GCMS notes of my application says it has been approved more than a month ago, so imagine the next step would be PPR. Few months ago couple of my friends have submitted their passports for CoPR and haven't received them back yet. Reading through this forum, it appears most of the outland applicants are experiencing this. As an Indian living in the US on a H1b visa, not having the passport with me for months is really concerning. If there is any issue with H1b extension (especially given the new regulations last week) or family emergency, it would be really difficult without the passport on hand. Is there anything we can do if we land in this situation unfortunately?

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
That’s a valid concern. However as of October 2020, the applications sent to cpc Ottawa are being returned in the normal processing times in my experience. I had sent mine end of September and received my passport back today with stamping. Hope that helps!

also here’s a tracker related to this - https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker
Thanks for sharing that. It is good to hear that things are moving better than expected. Hope I receive the PPR soon.