+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approved while enrolled for Masters in USA

dnr130

Aug 16, 2019
I recently received my COPR with expiry in December 2019. When I had applied for the PR, I had also applied to schools for Masters in US and Canada. Incidentally I did not get into a school there but got into one here in US.
I am not sure about answering the common landing questions like how long will you be here and purpose of visit etc. I do intend to look for interships in Canada in 2020 and apply for jobs in 2021. I want to complete my education and then move.

Any suggestions on how to navigate these questions? I will be moving alone

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I recently received my COPR with expiry in December 2019. When I had applied for the PR, I had also applied to schools for Masters in US and Canada. Incidentally I did not get into a school there but got into one here in US.
I am not sure about answering the common landing questions like how long will you be here and purpose of visit etc. I do intend to look for interships in Canada in 2020 and apply for jobs in 2021. I want to complete my education and then move.

Any suggestions on how to navigate these questions? I will be moving alone
I'm unsure what your concerns are. Those are not questions that are asked during a PR "landing" interview with CBSA.

dnr130

Aug 16, 2019
I'm unsure what your concerns are. Those are not questions that are asked during a PR "landing" interview with CBSA.
I might be wrong. I did look up landing interview questions and they always seemed to be along these lines. I would really appreciate if you could tell me more about what happens when you land in Canada the first time after getting your COPR. I have an express entry COPR.
Thank you

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You don't need to worry about 'landing interview'. That applies more to inland (in Canada) candidates. While technically, you will also face a 'landing interview' when you arrive at US - Canada border or airport, they don't ask anything other than the statutory questions on COPR and when do you intend to move permanently, what are you bringing with you etc. Once you get COPR, there is no 'rejection' as such, unless you become a criminal or something.

dnr130

Aug 16, 2019
You don't need to worry about 'landing interview'. That applies more to inland (in Canada) candidates. While technically, you will also face a 'landing interview' when you arrive at US - Canada border or airport, they don't ask anything other than the statutory questions on COPR and when do you intend to move permanently, what are you bringing with you etc. Once you get COPR, there is no 'rejection' as such, unless you become a criminal or something.
Okay. I was worried about what to say of they ask anything pertaining to if I will be staying or not etc.

Thank you for your help

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I might be wrong. I did look up landing interview questions and they always seemed to be along these lines. I would really appreciate if you could tell me more about what happens when you land in Canada the first time after getting your COPR. I have an express entry COPR.
Thank you
You go to Secondary Immigration at the Port of Entry and say that you there to complete your PR landing. They ask some questions about changes in your status etc, proof of funds, if applicable, an address to send PR card to. You sign the COPR and then they sign it as well. Then they say "Welcome to Canada". Then you go to Customs for BSF186 processing, but only if you staying for a year or more.

Reactions: dnr130