+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approved while enrolled for Masters in USA

dnr130

Aug 16, 2019
Hi,

I recently received my COPR with expiry in December 2019. When I had applied for the PR, I had also applied to schools for Masters in US and Canada. Incidentally I did not get into a school there but got into one here in US. I am not sure about answering the common landing questions like how long will you be here and purpose of visit etc. I do intend to look for interships in Canada in 2020 and apply for jobs in 2021. I want to complete my education and then move. Any suggestions on how to navigate these questions?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I recently received my COPR with expiry in December 2019. When I had applied for the PR, I had also applied to schools for Masters in US and Canada. Incidentally I did not get into a school there but got into one here in US. I am not sure about answering the common landing questions like how long will you be here and purpose of visit etc. I do intend to look for interships in Canada in 2020 and apply for jobs in 2021. I want to complete my education and then move. Any suggestions on how to navigate these questions?
Be honest. As long as you meet the RO you can stay out of Canada before settling permanently.