+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copr and PR card

nour.hanna89

Jul 2, 2022
Hello, i am in Canada on a work permit valid till 2025 (working in a company) and i have a valid visa (same date). I applied for express entry and received my COPR last month. I m still waiting for my PR card. I am planning to visit my home country after 1 month, in case i dont receive my PR card from now till then, can i travel and come back to Canada using my visa/work permit? Or they are already canceled after receiving the COPR? Will i need travel documents from my country?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hello, i am in Canada on a work permit valid till 2025 (working in a company) and i have a valid visa (same date). I applied for express entry and received my COPR last month. I m still waiting for my PR card. I am planning to visit my home country after 1 month, in case i dont receive my PR card from now till then, can i travel and come back to Canada using my visa/work permit? Or they are already canceled after receiving the COPR? Will i need travel documents from my country?
All your temporary resident documents are now invalid (work permit and visa). You will need the PR card to return to Canada or you will need a PR Travel Document. To get the PRTD you will have to apply for it. The problem here is that you would have to apply for the PRTD only when you are in your home country and that could take weeks to get (no guarantees). However, I saw a thread before where someone was able to apply and receive the PRTD while there were physically still in Canada weeks before they needed to travel. Its an option you can try but it is not the general rule for PRTD.

Reactions: sean468