+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
It does get complicated when you travel with a family including small toddlers and have to work out leave plans with your employer. Anyhow thanks for the reply!
Fair enough. I am travelling from Australia. Believe me, the whole world knows that travel plans can change anytime due to Covid being unpredictable. I don't intend staying past 4 days but in the event that I am positive, my employer would have no choice but to understand that I need to isolate before I can re-enter the country.

If there was a way I could push my trip to a few months I would but my second COPR expires on the 29th of March and IRCC has informed me that if I don't enter the country before it expires, I have to start from scratch with the application process, so I have no choice but to make this impromptu trip

Reactions: Titanium

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Fair enough. I am travelling from Australia. Believe me, the whole world knows that travel plans can change anytime due to Covid being unpredictable. I don't intend staying past 4 days but in the event that I am positive, my employer would have no choice but to understand that I need to isolate before I can re-enter the country.

If there was a way I could push my trip to a few months I would but my second COPR expires on the 29th of March and IRCC has informed me that if I don't enter the country before it expires, I have to start from scratch with the application process, so I have no choice but to make this impromptu trip
Oh, you're from Australia too! Which part? I'm from Melbourne. Agreed, Covid has created so much unpredictability; hence have to be planned and prepared for worst case scenarios.
Didnt know IRCC will require a fresh application if expired again! So best to do a soft landing and activate the PR asap, before its too late. My second CoPR expires in Nov but planning to do a soft landing in April.
I have been looking for tickets, the prices and travel are ridiculous from Melbourne (Sydney a bit better) especially during March-April. For a family of four its almost 10K and so many stopovers. Im also considering a US trip and then travel from maybe LA or SFO to Toronto and then back.

Hope it works out well for you. Seems like you'll definitely be doing a soft landing before me. Please do keep in touch; PM me when u get back to Aus, want to know your experiences.
All the best!

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Oh, you're from Australia too! Which part? I'm from Melbourne. Agreed, Covid has created so much unpredictability; hence have to be planned and prepared for worst case scenarios.
Didnt know IRCC will require a fresh application if expired again! So best to do a soft landing and activate the PR asap, before its too late. My second CoPR expires in Nov but planning to do a soft landing in April.
I have been looking for tickets, the prices and travel are ridiculous from Melbourne (Sydney a bit better) especially during March-April. For a family of four its almost 10K and so many stopovers. Im also considering a US trip and then travel from maybe LA or SFO to Toronto and then back.

Hope it works out well for you. Seems like you'll definitely be doing a soft landing before me. Please do keep in touch; PM me when u get back to Aus, want to know your experiences.
All the best!
I live in Melbourne also-Eastern suburbs

Yes. I was told that I would have to reapply. Australia border is now open so I couldn't use the border closure as an excuse anymore :D

I bought my ticket in Feb. Melbourne-Sydney (Virgin australia) and then Syd-Vancouver (air canada). I have only one stop over which is Sydney to and fro.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
I live in Melbourne also-Eastern suburbs

Yes. I was told that I would have to reapply. Australia border is now open so I couldn't use the border closure as an excuse anymore :D

I bought my ticket in Feb. Melbourne-Sydney (Virgin australia) and then Syd-Vancouver (air canada). I have only one stop over which is Sydney to and fro.
Ah okay....I'm in the northern suburbs.
I had an authorization letter last year March; I quit my job and we were all packed to leave Melbourne, but then the govt suddenly closed the Vic borders for the 3rd lock-down. Yea, agreed you cant use the border closure excuse anymore!
That's actually a good idea to fly to Sydney. I'm actually planning to go for 4 days to Toronto and spend 10 days in New York.

Anyways, do keep posted after you have done your landing. All the best!!
Cheers!!

Shivam1006

Jan 22, 2020
I got my COPR with two months of expiry. But, I won't be able to travel in two months as i will be needing visa stamping to enter back to US and there are no dates available currently.
Can someone suggest what can be done in this scenario ?

spikyshotgun

Jul 26, 2020
I got my COPR with two months of expiry. But, I won't be able to travel in two months as i will be needing visa stamping to enter back to US and there are no dates available currently.
Can someone suggest what can be done in this scenario ?
You can use Automatic Visa Revalidation to enter back into US.

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hello guys,

I have a feeling very few PPR are generated those last weeks , especially for expired COPR like me....
Is it just me? did you notice the same ?

Best regards.

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
hello guys, me and my spouse are planning to travel to Canada on last week of March. do we still need to write or make quarantine plan? we are fully vaccinated with booster.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hello guys,

I have a feeling very few PPR are generated those last weeks , especially for expired COPR like me....
Is it just me? did you notice the same ?

Best regards.
They seem to b processing a batch, probably thats why.
whats your current status? Did you contact them for an update?

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
I fully understand your anxiety and its my sincere prayer that you get your renewed CoPR at the earliest.
yes I received a UE inOctober 2021, and remedical request 2 weeks back.
Have you sent them webforms asking for an update, and stating what you know about the case?
Apologies Titanium just after seeing your response.
I have reached out a few times alright with no response. My VO is London as emailed directly three weeks ago.

I got through to IRCC around 4 months ago in which they told me they were extending my re-medicals! Nothing since.
I am going to give them another call soon- we just need some clarity as to when it’s going to finally happen! All the best to you- we will all get there eventually.

Shivam1006

Jan 22, 2020
I got my COPR but the expiry on it is 2 months. I can't travel out of US as there are no Visa Stamping Slots available currently. What can be done in this scenario, can i write to ircc to extend the dates ? I was assuming they will be providing the expiry dates of around 6 months to 1year.

thegudking

Feb 3, 2019
I got my COPR but the expiry on it is 2 months. I can't travel out of US as there are no Visa Stamping Slots available currently. What can be done in this scenario, can i write to ircc to extend the dates ? I was assuming they will be providing the expiry dates of around 6 months to 1year.
What is the date of your medicals?

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
They seem to b processing a batch, probably thats why.
whats your current status? Did you contact them for an update?
I hope you're right, but it's terribly slow !

A friend of mine called IRCC call center from Canada about my file.... they told him it's in final stage,
What does it mean exactly... I have no clue !