+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Hand

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi everyone,

It's been exactly a month since I responded to the 'Do you still want to immigrate?' email.

I have a ghost update in my profile.
My application status changed to 'Application/profile updated'.

The latest update shows - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
When ghost updated in ur profile??

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

It's been exactly a month since I responded to the 'Do you still want to immigrate?' email.

I have a ghost update in my profile.
My application status changed to 'Application/profile updated'.

The latest update shows - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Good for you. I didn't even get that email.

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Is it always the case that the COPR validity is 1 year from the medical or sometimes do they make it shorter?

I am asking because my medical was March 2020, AOR was November 2020 and I don't want to immigrate this year.

Suppose if they ask me to take the Medicals this month is it possible that if I get the COPR that the COPR validity could be only a few months and not till April 2022?

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Received update in profile. From Approved to Submitted now. Application is now in progress
Congrats! May I ask how long do you think it typically takes between COPR expiration and being contacted by IRCC? The over 10 months in your case seems really long and I am not sure if I can wait that long. Thanks.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Congrats! May I ask how long do you think it typically takes between COPR expiration and being contacted by IRCC? The over 10 months in your case seems really long and I am not sure if I can wait that long. Thanks.
IRCC at start of year declared that they would be reaching out to those with expired COPR. I received an email on 29th March from IRCC asking if am still interested in immigrating to Canada. Before that I never had any communication with IRCC after my COPR expired. So I really don't know how IRCC is prioritizing the applications and when they would be contacting everyone

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Is it always the case that the COPR validity is 1 year from the medical or sometimes do they make it shorter?

I am asking because my medical was March 2020, AOR was November 2020 and I don't want to immigrate this year.

Suppose if they ask me to take the Medicals this month is it possible that if I get the COPR that the COPR validity could be only a few months and not till April 2022?
Yes, it is always 1 year.

Reactions: hydrizxcv

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
"Your call cannot be completed as dialed."... Yeah, I realize it's for people in Canada only.
Purchase an app like Fongo world that can assign you a Canadian phone number. This way you will be able to reach them. Before they changed their menu you could reach an agent by typing 2-1-1-0. But with the new menu I myself hasn’t figure it out yet. Anybody knows the new way to speak to an agent?

Reactions: ARookie

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Thanks! But how exactly do I talk to an agent?
You need to call using Fongo. I’m in the same position and the agent told me to send a case form with all the info and that they would make a note on my file. I sent a case form with US Driving license, COPR and got a response from the case form about a 6 weeks later saying that they received my web form and my application is in process. Nothing yet. If you make headway please let me know as we are in exact situation.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
See, once you land in Canada you will see more of these things that Canada is not doing this, not spending on this, not taking care of this stuff. It is just our perspective, how we think about it. Being in Canada for 5 years, I know the situation here.
You think that they are earning tons of money and yes they are earning but expenses are also high. You will understand once you are here.

Also, I am sure about the calculations you did.

They are not in a position to allow outland applicants now as the market is still not stable.

If you can sue any country you are most welcome.
Always remember, "it was your wish to immigrate to Canada, Canada never forced you".
This is just naive, my esteemed friend. I'm not trying to offend you, but you have only been to Canada for 5 years and clearly don't have any idea what's what. All of this mismanagement is the liberal government's doing. I remember the Harper days when CAD did worth more than USD. When student aids and tax exemptions were huge. Even now, the conservatives are fighting for the immigration applicants so they can have ready access to their application information. They (conservatives) have constantly maintained that IRCC is understaffed. Liberals, on the other hand, have created more backlog by inviting a humongous number of applicants for permanent residency (more than 30,000 people) in just one draw! They have put too much emphasis on family reunification (and I'm not talking about spousal sponsorship). This has caused too much cultural divide, where conservatives have always strived for integration. And now, the three-day hotel quarantine and the huge costs that target newly landed immigrants who are ripe for plunder. Yes, the C-24 was indeed proposed by the conservatives; but in essence, it's actually a good bill.
The job market is actually very stable. Maybe not for all industries, but it's not bad at all. And even if it was bad; well, whose fault is it? The government has mishandled it. Even INDIA has managed to vaccinate 100 million people! All of these huge budgets and funds for science and technology by the Trudeau government, and they even couldn't make a vaccine, they didn't even try!
And to others: Guys, the fact is that you all will get your CoPR's and AL's and will sooner or later land in CANADA, this is certain. But remember these sobering experiences at the polling place when you become a citizen. Remember the lies, the mismanagement, the way you were treated. Remember that you were told, "it was your wish to immigrate to Canada, Canada never forced you" when you expected to be treated with dignity.

Last edited:
Reactions: PG12 and Wotsit

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
This is just naive, my esteemed friend. I'm not trying to offend you, but you have only been to Canada for 5 years and clearly don't have any idea what's what. All of this mismanagement is the liberal government's doing. I remember the Harper days when CAD did worth more than USD. When student aids and tax exemptions were huge. Even now, the conservatives are fighting for the immigration applicants so they can have ready access to their application information. They (conservatives) have constantly maintained that IRCC is understaffed. Liberals, on the other hand, have created more backlog by inviting a humongous number of applicants for permanent residency (more than 30,000 people) in just one draw! They have put too much emphasis on family reunification (and I'm not talking about spousal sponsorship). This has caused too much cultural divide, where conservatives have always strived for integration. And now, the three-day hotel quarantine and the huge costs that target newly landed immigrants who are ripe for plunder. Yes, the C-24 was indeed proposed by the conservatives; but in essence, it's actually a good bill.
The job market is actually very stable. Maybe not for all industries, but it's not bad at all. And even if it was bad; well, whose fault is it? The government has mishandled it. Even INDIA has managed to vaccinate 100 million people! All of these huge budgets and funds for science and technology by the Trudeau government, and they even couldn't make a vaccine, they didn't even try!
And to others: Guys, the fact is that you all will get your CoPR's and AL's and will sooner or later land in CANADA, this is certain. But remember these sobering experiences at the polling place when you become a citizen. Remember the lies, the mismanagement, the way you were treated. Remember that you were told, "it was your wish to immigrate to Canada, Canada never forced you" when you expected to be treated with dignity.
Yes, I only know about liberals because I have only seen their government. I was too young to follow politics before the Trudeau government and was not even aware of moving to Canada. So I do not know what Harper has done.
I do know that Immigration has become really easy under Liberals because the overcall CRS score has done down significantly in the last 4-5 years(Thanks to Liberals). This is why people are easily applying for FSW(Express Entry) from outside Canada. No need to follow the traditional route of starting with a Student permit or find a sponsor for PNP as it was before. If you can score well on your IELTS then you can easily qualify.

I have seen people applying through PNP even after getting a university degree because they could not get enough points.

Opposition(Conservatives here) will always be against the ruling govt. This is a fact in every country.

Yes, backlogs are there because of the Covid otherwise people were getting approved in like 2-3 months. They were happy under Liberals.

Family reunification makes sense to me at this point of time.

Hotel Quarantine is already present in NZ, UK, and maybe in some other country. NZ even banned flights from India. So this is a country's decision.

Job market is literally shit. It is not the same that you see on Indeed or linkedIn. I really do not know what types of jobs are you looking for. Maybe your field is thriving.

I only agree with vaccine mismanagement. Liberals messed it up with the vaccines and it's literally delayed.
Also, India is producing its own vaccine. Canada is heavily dependent on the USA for these things. USA is not exporting any right now because they are vaccinating their own.

So before telling anyone "naive" and talking about 5-8 years old politics you should be aware of current things and speak logical stuff.
I was also frustrated and on the verge of depression 2-3 months ago but I did not have any options. I had to stand firm.

IRCC has really messed up but Canada is not in a situation to absorb people right now( That is a fact).

I have already faced this that is why I know. The blame game does not work.

lazyzyf

Mar 22, 2017
I sent a web form telling them my COPR expired and I am now ready to travel so please extend my COPR (in a very polite way) but they did nothing to initiate the extension. Instead, they just sent a generic reply that referred me to their official website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired which didn't help at all. This is some bullsh*t! Does anyone else have a similar experience?
I have the same experience as you. On January they sent me an email saying my medical extended to June 30,2021. However, on March they sent me another email saying my medical already expired. What the hell is that? Now I passed an interview with a Canada company but can't start the job because can't landing.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Yes, I only know about liberals because I have only seen their government. I was too young to follow politics before the Trudeau government and was not even aware of moving to Canada. So I do not know what Harper has done.
I do know that Immigration has become really easy under Liberals because the overcall CRS score has done down significantly in the last 4-5 years(Thanks to Liberals). This is why people are easily applying for FSW(Express Entry) from outside Canada. No need to follow the traditional route of starting with a Student permit or find a sponsor for PNP as it was before. If you can score well on your IELTS then you can easily qualify.

I have seen people applying through PNP even after getting a university degree because they could not get enough points.

Opposition(Conservatives here) will always be against the ruling govt. This is a fact in every country.

Yes, backlogs are there because of the Covid otherwise people were getting approved in like 2-3 months. They were happy under Liberals.

Family reunification makes sense to me at this point of time.

Hotel Quarantine is already present in NZ, UK, and maybe in some other country. NZ even banned flights from India. So this is a country's decision.

Job market is literally shit. It is not the same that you see on Indeed or linkedIn. I really do not know what types of jobs are you looking for. Maybe your field is thriving.

I only agree with vaccine mismanagement. Liberals messed it up with the vaccines and it's literally delayed.
Also, India is producing its own vaccine. Canada is heavily dependent on the USA for these things. USA is not exporting any right now because they are vaccinating their own.

So before telling anyone "naive" and talking about 5-8 years old politics you should be aware of current things and speak logical stuff.
I was also frustrated and on the verge of depression 2-3 months ago but I did not have any options. I had to stand firm.

IRCC has really messed up but Canada is not in a situation to absorb people right now( That is a fact).

I have already faced this that is why I know. The blame game does not work.
Firstly, Immigration has been harder during the liberal era!! I don't know whether you are misinformed or just stubborn (probably a bit of both).
Secondly, naive is accurate when I talk about the loonie (CAD) and the booming economy and you refer to it as 8 years old politics! Stay for the next 20 years, take a vacation somewhere and you'll understand my gist. I'm not sure why you dont just acknowledge the broken system!
The job market is not bad! The unemployment rate is not low, but it's not high either. Looking for a specific job and not finding it does not mean the job market as you put it is 'sh..t'. You can flip burgers and still earn a living, there's no shame in it. If you are ready to work, you can find one in less than a week. I have a Ph.D. and did not have any problem doing the aforementioned!
Let's forget politics and whatnot for a second. I guess what made me really mad is your attitude. Do not tell others to take it or leave it. As a fellow immigrant, this is wrong. People get sacked from their jobs because of this very sentence. You cannot tell your employees 'no one forced you to work here, get'. Don't you see it? You cannot talk to others like that. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or not, but it's very rude. I'm so sorry that you were on the verge of depression, but telling others to shut up and take it is not right. Enduring hardship does not give one the right to be rude. I'm sure that you did not mean it, but just avoid this kind of attitude. PLEASE

Reactions: Welluf2019

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Firstly, Immigration has been harder during the liberal era!! I don't know whether you are misinformed or just stubborn (probably a bit of both).
Secondly, naive is accurate when I talk about the loonie (CAD) and the booming economy and you refer to it as 8 years old politics! Stay for the next 20 years, take a vacation somewhere and you'll understand my gist. I'm not sure why you dont just acknowledge the broken system!
The job market is not bad! The unemployment rate is not low, but it's not high either. Looking for a specific job and not finding it does not mean the job market as you put it is 'sh..t'. You can flip burgers and still earn a living, there's no shame in it. If you are ready to work, you can find one in less than a week. I have a Ph.D. and did not have any problem doing the aforementioned!
Let's forget politics and whatnot for a second. I guess what made me really mad is your attitude. Do not tell others to take it or leave it. As a fellow immigrant, this is wrong. People get sacked from their jobs because of this very sentence. You cannot tell your employees 'no one forced you to work here, get'. Don't you see it? You cannot talk to others like that. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or not, but it's very rude. I'm so sorry that you were on the verge of depression, but telling others to shut up and take it is not right. Enduring hardship does not give one the right to be rude. I'm sure that you did not mean it, but just avoid this kind of attitude. PLEASE
Yep. "We've all being through the same thing , even I have been through worse so don't make it look like you are the only one going through it". The fact that you were able to handle your situation "well" does not mean the rest of the people are doing same. We are all built differently, stop indirectly telling people to keep shut and take it.

A wee bit off topic: Speaking of people losing their jobs, in May 2020 a nurse was terminated on the spot(by the department of health and human services) while working hotel quarantine job in the country I live in for saying something along the line of "we are all dealing with the same issues, others even worse, so deal with it"

In my previous post which was deleted by moderator, I asked someone if they are rude or just ignorant....at this point ignorant is not an excuse. If I have to explain to you why there is a problem with your ("take it or leave it", ïf you don't like Canada, try else where" ,e.t.c) comments then there is something absolutely wrong with that person.

The above post is not directed at you...just adding to your post

Last edited: