+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
I am not talking about agreeing or disagreeing on anything.
I was just comparing the "fees".

Also, a student will always bring more money because he ultimately settles down and become a citizen. So he is starting from scratch.
Student->Worker->PR->Citizen( You can figure out the fees/expenses by yourself).

I agree with your point of no approving outland because of the bad job market. Even school teachers are getting laid off over here. What do you expect from the Canadian Govt?
If you have a job in your home country, you are in a much better situation.
Are you aware that i quit my job because i received an email that may application was approved on March 23, 2020 by an IRCC agent when i followed up in May 2020? Then all of of a sudden it was a mistake on their part when I followed up again on the issuance of the CoPR in July 2020?

IRCC that time still didn’t have their generic response email. Because of that email I resigned hoping I will get the CoPR soon. Until now I still have been waiting. I ordered GCMS notes in Nov 2020. It turns out that my application was really approved based on the email sent by IRCC. If only they have emailed me the generic email before, I should haven’t resigned from my work.

You should respect the sentiments of all the people here since they are frustrated here as well. It seems Canada has left us hanging.

Reactions: Rowsp and AmyCLC

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Are you aware that i quit my job because i received an email that may application was approved on March 23, 2020 by an IRCC agent when i followed up in May 2020? Then all of of a sudden it was a mistake on their part when I followed up again on the issuance of the CoPR in July 2020?

IRCC that time still didn’t have their generic response email. Because of that email I resigned hoping I will get the CoPR soon. Until now I still have been waiting. I ordered GCMS notes in Nov 2020. It turns out that my application was really approved based on the email sent by IRCC. If only they have emailed me the generic email before, I should haven’t resigned from my work.

You should respect the sentiments of all the people here since they are frustrated here as well. It seems Canada has left us hanging.
But when Canada placed travel restrictions why did you quit?

Reactions: crackMBA

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

I have already been through this process and I believe my situation was even worse.
My wife's application was approved in Jan 2020. She resigned after getting the Visa, served the notice period, and was ready to fly on May 5 2020. Unfortunately, Covid came and visa expired in June 2020. After that there was a long wait and she finally got an AL in Jan 2021(That too because of family reunification) and flew in Feb 2021. She is out of work since March 2020. She is a CA from India and still struggling to find a job even after working with PWC in India.
I was away from my wife alone in the lockdown and I tell you it was worse.

If I talk about your case, your application was approved after March 18 2020. So if the rules are still the same then you are not eligible to travel.

So everyone has their side of sad story, it's just that how you take it.

Last edited:

Cisco 123

Mar 14, 2021
Hi everyone,
I need ur opinion
I received an AL to travel before 30th April but my daughter was not included.
1st April my key GC was updated by adding my daughter. My account moved from approved to submit..
I don't know what to do?
Must I travel before 30th April or I must wait until ircc make a decision?
Thanks for your help.
Did somebody in the same case?.
Someone can advise me.
Thanks

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020

Jay, I understand you. It's same for many that IRCC has screw up. I grew in a non democratic country with the sole party as leader and people associate by birth country with the party. This not true but the party wants to make world believe the party is the country. Anyway, I want say that Canada is not IRCC despite the IRCC is full of fool. I still want go there even I angry IRCC screw us bad.

I quit job after COPR but then covid and then thought IRCC would help us, but no. They lazy. They use generic email reply without read our concerns. They no sla for their work and can take 10 yrs to process 1 application if they want. So many FaceBok groups and whatsapp complain them. Many use the IRCC feedback to complain them. Yet they still not work harder for us. Easy theft of our CA$2k.

Reactions: Lilian2021

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Did somebody in the same case?.
Someone can advise me.
Thanks
Oh, dear... How stupid is IRCC. Do they think your child will stay behind? I wonder if there are chimpanzees working on our applications...

To be honest, I think you must webform to them and mention their mistake. Why? Because they stupid but will never admit mistake. In another post, I think I read an Indian gentleman, who flew with his family and 55kg luggage to Ontario, was sent back because they forgot update system and border team. So terrible. Imagine you travel for 30 hrs with all this and they turn you back...

But anyway, not sure it true or not, but I will not rely on their common sense or intelligence. I think you must raise them. Think that even you think you can go with daughter but with some temp visitor visa for her, you still need to apply and wait 10 months for them to work on her visa. Right now, you can still chase them for adding her. You must tell them it is their mistake. Maybe you complain and tell them clear.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I have already been through this process and I believe my situation was even worse.
My wife's application was approved in Jan 2020. She resigned after getting the Visa, served the notice period, and was ready to fly on May 5 2020. Unfortunately, Covid came and visa expired in June 2020. After that there was a long wait and she finally got an AL in Jan 2021(That too because of family reunification) and flew in Feb 2021. She is out of work since March 2020. She is a CA from India and still struggling to find a job even after working with PWC in India.
I was away from my wife alone in the lockdown and I tell you it was worse.

If I talk about your case, your application was approved after March 18 2020. So if the rules are still the same then you are not eligible to travel.

So everyone has their side of sad story, it's just that how you take it.
But IRCC is blameless in all this stories. Nobody holds them accountable for the blounlders they do. So many mistakes. Yes, they receive 1000s applications a month and its CA$2k x 10000 a month (so 20 million CAD there). Yet they may only have 200 staff to work on these applications per office. They are making so much money off us I mean. But their service is as bad as the street hawker/cabbage merchant in the streets with no manners and insulting you for not buying their products.

They should be account for their bad service, if not they can just keep worse for everyone and no sign to improve.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Hi everyone,
I need ur opinion
I received an AL to travel before 30th April but my daughter was not included.
1st April my key GC was updated by adding my daughter. My account moved from approved to submit..
I don't know what to do?
Must I travel before 30th April or I must wait until ircc make a decision?
Thanks for your help.
Did you raise webform?
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I am in USA so travel exempt. I have COPR and PR Visa expiry in June 2021. I am unable to travel due to wife being pregnant at this point.
My COPR and PRV matches exactly my passport expiry date and Meds expire on June 30th. What are my options ? Can I ask for COPR / PRV extension or its not advisable to do so ? Do IRCC even grant extensions for such cases ?
From everyone suffer from IRCC fools, I would say it is hard to get not expire COPR (even we had it and it expire). They so stupid - they gave us COPR last year and it expire and they cannot just change date. They need to re-process only they know what... Why? It's less than a year most us have expire COPR and why not just increase the date?

Anyway, for you. You can travel but you are worried for your wife. Have you consider driving to Canada first? I know it is longer but you are safer in your car. Then you can finalize your COPR. But take breaks and also don't go back USA as car trip too tired for wife and baby in her tumy.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
But IRCC is blameless in all this stories. Nobody holds them accountable for the blounlders they do. So many mistakes. Yes, they receive 1000s applications a month and its CA$2k x 10000 a month (so 20 million CAD there). Yet they may only have 200 staff to work on these applications per office. They are making so much money off us I mean. But their service is as bad as the street hawker/cabbage merchant in the streets with no manners and insulting you for not buying their products.

They should be account for their bad service, if not they can just keep worse for everyone and no sign to improve.
See, once you land in Canada you will see more of these things that Canada is not doing this, not spending on this, not taking care of this stuff. It is just our perspective, how we think about it. Being in Canada for 5 years, I know the situation here.
You think that they are earning tons of money and yes they are earning but expenses are also high. You will understand once you are here.

Also, I am sure about the calculations you did.

They are not in a position to allow outland applicants now as the market is still not stable.

If you can sue any country you are most welcome.
Always remember, "it was your wish to immigrate to Canada, Canada never forced you".

Reactions: AmyCLC

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
See, once you land in Canada you will see more of these things that Canada is not doing this, not spending on this, not taking care of this stuff. It is just our perspective, how we think about it. Being in Canada for 5 years, I know the situation here.
You think that they are earning tons of money and yes they are earning but expenses are also high. You will understand once you are here.

Also, I am sure about the calculations you did.

They are not in a position to allow outland applicants now as the market is still not stable.

If you can sue any country you are most welcome.
Always remember, "it was your wish to immigrate to Canada, Canada never forced you".
Lolz. You correct all the way ;P.

It is true. I agree to you. I cannot even say there anything I disagree in your statement.
I believe you when you mention they still incompetent for many things and it is not iRcc only.

Canada needs immigrants to bring them money because their people there do not make any money for them.

For IRCC stupidity, it seems boundless. @CRACKMAB, would you agree that if they process our application last year and finish and issue COPR which expire, then why not just reissue it with longer date? Why delay especially many we state we can go there.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
@AmyCLC

Calling IRCC names will not get you anywhere.

If you think you have been wronged or your rights have been infringed, complain or sue the people you think are responsible.

I hope I am not one of the people you sue or complain about.

Reactions: crackMBA

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
@AmyCLC

Calling IRCC names will not get you anywhere.

If you think you have been wronged or your rights have been infringed, complain or sue the people you think are responsible.

I hope I am not one of the people you sue or complain about.
Why Sue? Sue will not get anything right. We don't want Sue. Sue and the people have no issue with me. I only want IRCC work and stop being lazy. I want them understand the suffering on applicants they mess up. Their service is so poor and not worth a develop country standard. It is like low tier like my public service in my home.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
He is talking about IMMIGRATION APPLICANTS. That's why the majority of people are following this forum. Unlike people from other places, U.S residents who have valid CoPR can cross the border into Canada. They were never restricted. And now, you are dismissing the information on the official IRCC website and resort to WP! International students bring more revenue to Canada? What a BS. Immigrants have kids, as well. They will attend Canadian schools, as well. Guess what, in contrast to foreign students, immigrants will contribute to the national workforce, and pay tax. And...
This post was edited by the moderator because freedom of speech cannot be practiced here
No freedom of speech? Lolz.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Lolz. You correct all the way ;P.

It is true. I agree to you. I cannot even say there anything I disagree in your statement.
I believe you when you mention they still incompetent for many things and it is not iRcc only.

Canada needs immigrants to bring them money because their people there do not make any money for them.

For IRCC stupidity, it seems boundless. @CRACKMAB, would you agree that if they process our application last year and finish and issue COPR which expire, then why not just reissue it with longer date? Why delay especially many we state we can go there.
I agree with you about the stupidity of IRCC and Canada not surviving without immigrants.
They could have done way better but this was 1st time that they faced this kind of problem.
There were many other issues that also came up because of the pandemic then there are family reunification cases.

Also, the people working for IRCC are just clerks. They are not tech-savvy at all.
Everyone thought that Corona will vanish in 4-6 months but we are back to the same position after 1 year.
Also, medical is only valid for 1 year. IRCC can not issue visas for a longer period. There is no point in reissuing a visa if you are Post Mar 18 2020 approved.

Everyone is ready to go to Canada but Canada does not have the capacity to absorb people as of now.