+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Ziyad,
Are there any updates from IRCC for next steps involved after expiry of CoPR.
Hi Emran,

They specifically mention on their website to send them another webform once you are able to travel so that they can advise the next steps to be taken.
I am hoping that flights and the airport will be open next week so that the extension process becomes more clear.

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020
What reasons did you enlist for inability to travel?
A couple of states has already extended lockdown till April 30. I am sure PM will announce nationwide lockdown extension soon. You should wait and watch if this extension prolongs May. You'll have more solid reason for asking extension. There is no point in flooding IRCC with same request as situation is changing everyday. Let the dust settle down and then approach them. I have not raised a single web form yet. Also, wait for NDVO either to come up something concrete regarding the situation or become fully operational.
hi my visa processing Centre was Ottawa and i have already raised the web form and din't get any reply(even generic or case specific).I am from india.Can i also mail to NDVO or whose Visa processing centre was NDVO only adviced to mail or contact.Please suggest friends.

BTW my copr expiry date is April 30th

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
What reasons did you enlist for inability to travel?
A couple of states has already extended lockdown till April 30. I am sure PM will announce nationwide lockdown extension soon. You should wait and watch if this extension prolongs May. You'll have more solid reason for asking extension. There is no point in flooding IRCC with same request as situation is changing everyday. Let the dust settle down and then approach them. I have not raised a single web form yet. Also, wait for NDVO either to come up something concrete regarding the situation or become fully operational.
Original flight was on 1 April (its my Mom flying actually), hence we mentioned inability to fly due to travel ban. + At the time of my raising the web form request the 'exemptions' for CoPR holders was not announced).

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ApplicantCoPR ExpiryNumber of web forms raised for extensionCountry Travelling from
wick_sranMay 15, 2020NoneIndia
CanaspirantMarch 25, 20203 (2-Delhi,1 Ircc)India
hinavinMay 19, 20201 (1 IRCC). Shall also raise 1 more shortly for DelhiIndia
ZiyadApril 6, 20202 (Abudhabi) 2 (IRCC)U.A.E.
LachelleApril 13, 20201Inland (Family outside Canada)
deep_singh1989May 9, 20202 (1- NDVO, 1- IRCC)India
Molino de VienteApril 21, 20202 (going to raise one more today. Reason: lockdown in my country extended till 30th of Aprl)Kazakhstan
Sweta_mahiMay 12, 20201 (IRCC)India
RaghuveerApril 25, 20202 (IRCC)India
AbdulgafarApril 04, 20203 (2-Abu Dhabi, 1-IRCC)U.A.E.
Ish23April 17,20203 (2- IRCC, 1 Delhi)India
CNPMay 8, 20201 - IRCCIndia
Gayathri Neelakandan30 April 20201 - OttawaIndia

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi Emran,

They specifically mention on their website to send them another webform once you are able to travel so that they can advise the next steps to be taken.
I am hoping that flights and the airport will be open next week so that the extension process becomes more clear.
Hi Ziyad,
I'm also a UAE resident. Is there any news on when the airports are reopening for regular flights and when the travel ban will be lifted?

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020
hi my visa processing Centre was Ottawa and i have already raised the web form and din't get any reply(even generic or case specific).I am from india.Can i also mail to NDVO or whose Visa processing centre was NDVO only adviced to mail or contact.Please suggest friends.

Hi friends can anybody provide me a suggestions on this

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hi Guys!!!! Anyone has any idea how we can get landing paper within Canada or how we can validate copr, as I am already in Canada.
No updates yet. Flagpoling and interview still jot allowed. Hopefully next week they will give an update

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
lachelle..April 13 2020..1 webform for extension..in-land(family outside canada)
What did you write in your webform? reasons?
[/QUOTE]
Reason..my family is able to travel as there is no outbound travel resttictions in my country, however, they could not enter canada as the principal applicant is not yet "landed", as in-person interview have been cancelled and flagpoling is not permitted before our copr expires. I clarified this with my webform and they told me that dependants can only getbPr stayus AFTER the primcipal applicant, or at the same time the principal will get her PR status

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
ApplicantCoPR ExpiryNumber of web forms raised for extensionCountry Travelling from
wick_sranMay 15, 2020NoneIndia
CanaspirantMarch 25, 20203 (2-Delhi,1 Ircc)India
hinavinMay 19, 20201 (1 IRCC). Shall also raise 1 more shortly for DelhiIndia
ZiyadApril 6, 20202 (Abudhabi) 2 (IRCC)U.A.E.
LachelleApril 13, 20201Inland (Family outside Canada)
deep_singh1989May 9, 20202 (1- NDVO, 1- IRCC)India
Molino de VienteApril 21, 20202 (going to raise one more today. Reason: lockdown in my country extended till 30th of Aprl)Kazakhstan
Sweta_mahiMay 12, 20201 (IRCC)India
RaghuveerApril 25, 20202 (IRCC)India
AbdulgafarApril 04, 20203 (2-Abu Dhabi, 1-IRCC)U.A.E.
Ish23April 17,20203 (2- IRCC, 1 Delhi)India
CNPMay 8, 20201 - IRCCIndia
@Gayathri Neelakandan30 April 20201 - OttawaIndia
JNS121423 April
2 - ( 1 IRCC 1 NDVO )India

Last edited:

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019

You can mail NDVO regarding inability to travel due to nationwide lockdown. After that just wait until situation normalises.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Now air Canada is again showing travel into canada only allowed for citizens, PR and their family members. Things aren't clear at all. Even CBSA showing travel for purpose of obtaining immigration services is non-essential.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/new-entry-requirements.html#/home:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html
Border service announcement i think is mainly aimed at people in Canada travelling to the border for immigration services.

Air Canada mentions the exemptions under: entry requirements and travel restrictions -> Exemptions.

Just remember everyone, the exemptions for COPR holders applies only to those who have their documents issued before or on March 18.

So it's not a blanket exemption for all COPR holders.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Now air Canada is again showing travel into canada only allowed for citizens, PR and their family members. Things aren't clear at all. Even CBSA showing travel for purpose of obtaining immigration services is non-essential.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/new-entry-requirements.html#/home:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html
Please be aware:
I think what you are sharing implies for road travel POE only, correct?

E.g. CoPR holders who have CoPRs approved/dated 18 March or before are still exempt and fine to do their landing, Allowed.