+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contract with Full-time Hours

May 9, 2020
Hello,

I am very lucky to have been offered a 6-month contract with full-time hours and pay for a company during this pandemic and I wanted to ask if the 6-months would count as work experience for the Canadian experience class? The idea is to have a 6-month testing period with the company and if it works out well, they will hire me onboard under a proper full-time contract with benefits.

I read that the qualifications for work experience would be:
-Under the proper NOC
-Full-time hours (minimum 30 hours)
-Compensated at least minimum wage
-Worked incorporated company

I feel that the contract should fulfill the requirements but I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello,

I am very lucky to have been offered a 6-month contract with full-time hours and pay for a company during this pandemic and I wanted to ask if the 6-months would count as work experience for the Canadian experience class? The idea is to have a 6-month testing period with the company and if it works out well, they will hire me onboard under a proper full-time contract with benefits.

-Under the proper NOC

I feel that the contract should fulfill the requirements but I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you!
It's impossible to know for us simply because you haven't provided the NOC. If it correspond to à NOC A, B or 0, then it should.
Also, amount of hours doesn't make it qualifying. You could be working 10 hours a week, it would just take you 3 times longer to meet the minimum 1560 hours required.

May 9, 2020
It's impossible to know for us simply because you haven't provided the NOC. If it correspond to à NOC A, B or 0, then it should.
Also, amount of hours doesn't make it qualifying. You could be working 10 hours a week, it would just take you 3 times longer to meet the minimum 1560 hours required.
Thank you for letting me know! The position is a junior Front-end Developer role, which should be NOC A.

khalsa.pradeepsingh

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hello,

-Under the proper NOC

Thank you!
Contractor working experience is counted for cec. If u are working full time more than 30hr/week. Its good

Chill pill

Apr 9, 2019
Hi all,

My employment letter mentions my job duties and fits into NOC-B, it mentions my annual salary and full-time status but does not say exactly how many hours per day or week. I had started working while I was on implied WP status and worked till the date I received my PGWP as one full year. The total number of hours worked are definitely more than 1560.

Is this job letter sufficient or do I have to collect my paystubs to show the number of hours as completed?

Kindly, someone can respond to my query please?

Thank you.

Chill pill

Apr 9, 2019
IRCC needs to know the hours worked per week. Some forum members have reported that they got it approved with just the wording “full-time” in the reference letter, but it is always better to stick to IRCC’s requirements to the letter. Whenever you deviate from them, there is a chance it may delay your application or, worst case, it may result in a rejection.
So does that mean that full-time 42.5 hours a week but as such I hardly ever worked for that many hours however I maintained the 30 hrs a week.
In the above mentioned situation if asked for Pay stubs, I may never be able to show the 42.5hrs a week. What shoud I do in this situation, my score is 446 and I am hopeful for the upcoming round of invitation to receive an ITA.

jeet patel

Oct 3, 2018

@Wolfpmd3 Great reply. Thanks. Do I need to work at same job and continuous employment to count hours as mentioned above? Or could I work different Noc B jobs with intervals in between jobs?

Thanks in advance.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
@Wolfpmd3 Great reply. Thanks. Do I need to work at same job and continuous employment to count hours as mentioned above? Or could I work different Noc B jobs with intervals in between jobs?

Thanks in advance.
For CEC, you can have as many NOC as you want with one or multiple employees and the periods of experience need not be continuous.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,

As long as it is contract EMPLOYMENT, then it should be OK. If you are a self-employed contractor, the experience will not count.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk