+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about Work Experience

Jun 16, 2020
Hello Folks! My name is Harmandeep Singh. I am planning to apply for Express Entry in coming weeks.
I have Masters degree here in canada and Bachelors back home.
Confusion is regarding the work experience.
In 1 year of my work experience, I have worked at 3 different places. NOC codes for all 3 are same.
I am working as Civil Engineering Technician. Due to uncertainity of work, in my first company they stated my employment as part time. On my Experience Letter, they stated that I was employed on a part time basis working 30-40 hours a week. But, during that time, there have been many weeks in which my work was less than 30 hours.
So, my question is that my job will be considered full time or part -time?
Secondly, do i need to worry about every single week in which my work hours were less than 30
Thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello Folks! My name is Harmandeep Singh. I am planning to apply for Express Entry in coming weeks.
I have Masters degree here in canada and Bachelors back home.
Confusion is regarding the work experience.
In 1 year of my work experience, I have worked at 3 different places. NOC codes for all 3 are same.
I am working as Civil Engineering Technician. Due to uncertainity of work, in my first company they stated my employment as part time. On my Experience Letter, they stated that I was employed on a part time basis working 30-40 hours a week. But, during that time, there have been many weeks in which my work was less than 30 hours.
So, my question is that my job will be considered full time or part -time?
Secondly, do i need to worry about every single week in which my work hours were less than 30
Thanks
It doesn't matter what it is considered. You need to add the hours you worked every week until you reach 1560 hours. You must not forget that you can only count the first 30 hours for each week, hence, for each week you worked 30 or more hours you should only add 30. All the other weeks in which you worked less than 30 hours you add the actual number.

You should have paystubs, etc. that will make this task of figuring out how many hours you worked each week or 2-week period.

You don't need to worry, you just need to make sure you are adding the hours correctly. Because it will take you more than 1 year (52 weeks) to reach the minimum 1560 hours required to be eligible to apply under CEC.