+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused to study in Canada

Oct 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends :

i really need your help this time , i have 18 years & i'm still student in ( science de la vie et la terre=life sciences and earth) and i am in the last year to get the baccalaureate & after that i'm gonna study in university.

so the probleme that my husband said in canadian system: there are primary school , high school and collegue ..ect..

but in morocco we start by : primay school (6years), collegue(3years) , (high school 3 years)

and in every period i got the certificats .

so when i asked the lawyer from canada: he said that on my educational paper it says that i' m currently studying in the first year of high school and he wrote on the appliation that i am batchlor.

and i didn't understand that what exactly means !!!!

and the second thing :i don't know when i can get visa for immigration so what you can advise me if i got it before to continue the 4 months of bachlor study or ignore it and still study until to get the baccalaureate ?

cuz i don't know what's gonna happen there .if they will accept me to study without bachlor or not and could i 'll have many options of study!!!

thank you

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's see if I can bring some light to this...

it depends mostly on the Provicne but at least in Ontario I've seen it works like this:

Elementary School: Grade 1 to grade 6 (around 6 to 11 years of age)
Intermediate: Grade 7 and 8 (12 and 13 years of Age)
High School: Grade 9 to 12 (14 to 18 years of age)

These 3 make around 12 years of formal education

After that you can choose College or University, dependeing on what you want to learn.

College is about 2 to 3 years of additional study
University can be 4 or more

Whi any of these above you can finish with 14 years of formal education or more

That said, what Canada wnats to know from you is how many years of formal education you have.

As you said, you have 6+3+3 = 12 and that's why yourlawyer said you are in HS... I think!