+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Company name change

Roohi Bhatti

May 1, 2020
i got my 1 year experience letter from my store with the old name and I have pay cheque with old name as well , but the name has been changed recently but they have given me the T4 with new name. What shoul I do , shall I continue with old letter name because I have pay cheque with old name , but T4 is with new name

Reactions: Jheez

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
Our company was rebranded early last year, management and ownership remained same only the name changed. For my PR application I had to provide pay stubs and other docs. So I added the old business license and license under the new name to show that the company was same and nothing really had changed as such. My consultant advised that would suffice. So I also have documents with two different names. I think as long as you can demonstrate its only a 'name change' they should be fine.

Roohi Bhatti

May 1, 2020
Our company was rebranded early last year, management and ownership remained same only the name changed. For my PR application I had to provide pay stubs and other docs. So I added the old business license and license under the new name to show that the company was same and nothing really had changed as such. My consultant advised that would suffice. So I also have documents with two different names. I think as long as you can demonstrate its only a 'name change' they should be fine.
It is a grocery store, they just changed the name , Employer is same., so the old letter name would work or shall I ask them to write me a new letter with new name? Pay stubs- old name, T4- new name

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
It is a grocery store, they just changed the name , Employer is same., so the old letter name would work or shall I ask them to write me a new letter with new name? Pay stubs- old name, T4- new name
I am not a legal expert but a letter from the employer saying that only store name has changed and ownership remains same should be good enough.