Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
My stamping: Passport reached on 18th this month (interview waived due to same consulate and employer). They started the processing only on 20th. They updated the status on 23rd as issued and received the passport on 24th.
Its risky to get delayed but seems somehow they processed.

Anurag003

Oct 21, 2018
Thanks for the info. I got issued 221g on 3rd March and haven’t got any update yet. Hope I get some update soon.

Anurag003

Oct 21, 2018
No specific reason. No documents to submit. Just said we need more time for administrative processing. They called my client the same day and spoke to my client too on the very same day.

Anurag003

Oct 21, 2018
Don’t really live in CA, just came here to Toronto for H1B stamping and now stuck here since I don’t have any update on the visa yet.......

Anurag003

Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, I guess so but also seeing people after my interview date got some update so just trying to figure out what’s going on..I got PR too but wasn’t asked any question in rag rods to the PR... just lots of idk why ...

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yeah, I guess so but also seeing people after my interview date got some update so just trying to figure out what’s going on..I got PR too but wasn’t asked any question in rag rods to the PR... just lots of idk why ...
Its just luck which officer we get.. some officers are picky and some are not.
One time my file got stuck at the last question just because i did not carry client letter(i was not taking thing seriously and missed taking documents).
But mostly if they already verified then it wont take much days.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
hey @Anurag003 , did your visa stuff work out? Are you still in Canada?

Do you happen to know if those with valid H1s are being allowed to cross back to the US over land border?

Anurag003

Oct 21, 2018
Hey @ryeCatcher , not yet. Its been over a month. Still no response and I am still in Canada.
As far as I know, crossing the US border through road is closed but I think you can still fly but TBH I am not 100% sure. Could you please mind sharing your case? Did you come for H1B and did you get the visa already?

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Hey @ryeCatcher , not yet. Its been over a month. Still no response and I am still in Canada.
As far as I know, crossing the US border through road is closed but I think you can still fly but TBH I am not 100% sure. Could you please mind sharing your case? Did you come for H1B and did you get the visa already?
Thanks for the update!
I actually cancelled my travel plans at the very last minute, I was supposed to fly that weekend the travel restrictions went into place. Shortly after my visa stamping appointment got cancelled. I had planned to travel to get my COPR validated and get H1 stamped, but as of now still in the US.

I want to travel to finish of the COPR landing process, but not sure I will be allowed back to the US after self isolation etc :(
Waiting for hear from CBP as well, guidance on land border does seem unclear. Can you not come back using Automatic Visa Revalidation program?

Anurag003

Oct 21, 2018
I didn't even know about the Automatic Visa Revalidation program until you wrote them and then did some study on it and I would not qualify anyways cuz of 30 days restriction and also as I had applied for a visa so cannot come back until I get the new visa stamp done. I think only one US embassy is still taking interviews in Canada but it is impossible to get a date right away. I got the March date as I had booked that slot back in October of last year. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable, I would say wait out if you have enough time for entry on the COPR.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for the update!
I actually cancelled my travel plans at the very last minute, I was supposed to fly that weekend the travel restrictions went into place. Shortly after my visa stamping appointment got cancelled. I had planned to travel to get my COPR validated and get H1 stamped, but as of now still in the US.

1. I want to travel to finish of the COPR landing process, but not sure I will be allowed back to the US after self isolation etc :(
2. Waiting for hear from CBP as well, guidance on land border does seem unclear.
3. Can you not come back using Automatic Visa Revalidation program?
1. It looks like cic will give you extension as its a problem for all. Check this and request for extension well before few weeks and try avoiding travel if possible.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html
3. No as per avr rule. Candidate cannot attend visa interview and then use avr. He/she needs to wait till visa is issued.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
1. It looks like cic will give you extension as its a problem for all. Check this and request for extension well before few weeks and try avoiding travel if possible.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html
3. No as per avr rule. Candidate cannot attend visa interview and then use avr. He/she needs to wait till visa is issued.
Thanks for the response!

Almost certainly CIC will give extension, but that process is likely to be slow/uncertain and will likely involve repeat medicals, which are booked out many months in advance in my state at the best of times :(

My COPR expires in July so trying to see if I can plan to travel in May or June if situation calms down a bit using existing COPR.

I did hear back from CBP and they said I can travel on H1/AVR but only by air and NOT be land sadly :( .. definitely do not want to fly at this point.
In my case I think I can still use AVR since I have not yet attended a visa interview, I think..

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for the response!

Almost certainly CIC will give extension, but that process is likely to be slow/uncertain and will likely involve repeat medicals, which are booked out many months in advance in my state at the best of times :(

My COPR expires in July so trying to see if I can plan to travel in May or June if situation calms down a bit using existing COPR.

I did hear back from CBP and they said I can travel on H1/AVR but only by air and NOT be land sadly :( .. definitely do not want to fly at this point.
In my case I think I can still use AVR since I have not yet attended a visa interview, I think..
Apply for extension now itself. If you are planning to land before the expiry then it doesnt matter if they extend it on time or not.
But i would say that you should not fly before july and i dont see that you should be in hurry given the current situation. Please try to fly during last week which will benefit you if cic replies and virus contraction rate is low. If cic retuns back with extension then you are free to land till end of year.
I dont think you should be in hurry for May/June landing.