+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-in-law consultation

Rui Wang

Nov 10, 2019
Hello guys!
Hope you stay safe and keep healthy!
I'm going to apply Common-in-law PR for my girlfriend. Now we both in Montreal, but I also need to apply sponsorship for my parents. I'm wondering if possible I can apply for both application at the same time? Will these two application processes conflict each other?

Thank you very much
Rui

Reactions: PetersAdrian

Rui Wang

Nov 10, 2019
It's better if you apply both at the same time. Because for your second undertaking contract you will have to show higher income.
I am planning the same once i get my federal PR. My girlfriend is on work permit. So i don't worry about her since she is already here with me.
Thank you for your reply. So if I apply both at the same time, it won't have any conflict to each process? Or if I apply one program first, do I need to wait till it approved then I can start the second program?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello guys!
Hope you stay safe and keep healthy!
I'm going to apply Common-in-law PR for my girlfriend. Now we both in Montreal, but I also need to apply sponsorship for my parents. I'm wondering if possible I can apply for both application at the same time? Will these two application processes conflict each other?

Thank you very much
Rui
As said above, PGP sponsorship isn't even open and there is no timeline for when it will open. It is also very competitive, with tens of thousands trying to a get one of the limited spots. It can take years to actually get chosen to apply.

The apps have nothing to do with each other.

Reactions: Rui Wang

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It's better if you apply both at the same time. Because for your second undertaking contract you will have to show higher income.
I am planning the same once i get my federal PR. My girlfriend is on work permit. So i don't worry about her since she is already here with me.
They are already common-law, so regardless of whether OP sponsors at the same time or not, LICO requirements will be the same.

Rui Wang

Nov 10, 2019
As said above, PGP sponsorship isn't even open and there is no timeline for when it will open. It is also very competitive, with tens of thousands trying to a get one of the limited spots. It can take years to actually get chosen to apply.

The apps have nothing to do with each other.
Thank you man, do you think PGP will be updated this year?