+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

colleges which accept pass class students in canada ??

harikrishna

Mar 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Is der any college under spp which accepts pass class students ??

tiger007

Champion Member
harikrishna said:
Hi everyone,

Is der any college under spp which accepts pass class students ??
Hi,

All Colleges in Canada require a minimum 12th grade qualification for admission to certificate/diploma/ advanced diploma programmes and an University degree for PG level/ Graduate certificate/ diploma programmes. No specific percentage requirement is mentioned for none of the diploma/certificate/advanced diploma or PG level cert/diploma programmes in any of the colleges (unless otherwise specified such as for 2 years GBM & leadership programme which is a PG diploma at Vancouver Community colleges (VCC), which asks for a univ. degree with minimum 2.33 GPA or a 2 years work ex, but most of colleges have NO percentage requirement except for bachelor degree courses). However, Most colleges regardless of they type and level of course have minimum English lang. proficiency requirements. So, ALL colleges under SPP accept applications from pass class students (with minimum IELTS/TOEFL score as set by the colleges) and even grant admission, but whether you get the visa or not is a different thing!

harikrishna

Mar 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when i tried for global business management in centennial , they replied that they dont accept pass class students and who has more than 8 backlogs are also not accepted ... :eek:

so getting a visa for pass class student is difficult under spp??

H

HBK

harikrishna said:
If everything is ok from yourside like fund,relavent course etc.then finally V.O. will look at your academic (marks)
its upto V.O.i mean for your academic its in hand to issue visa.

and for admission search for other colleges also. Might be you got admitted.

tiger007

Champion Member
harikrishna said:
when i tried for global business management in centennial , they replied that they dont accept pass class students and who has more than 8 backlogs are also not accepted ... :eek:

I think, then from this.. it means that even though colleges 've mentioned NO minimum percentage in one's previous study, it's an unwritten thing..that must be requiring atleast a 40%-45% marks with no major backlogs! What's your graduation percentage?

harikrishna

Mar 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiger007 said:
I think, then from this.. it means that even though colleges 've mentioned NO minimum percentage in one's previous study, it's an unwritten thing..that must be requiring atleast a 40%-45% marks with no major backlogs! What's your graduation percentage?
i got only 49% .. i think below 50% marks are considered as pass class ...

harikrishna

Mar 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashok5584 said:
If everything is ok from yourside like fund,relavent course etc.then finally V.O. will look at your academic (marks)
its upto V.O.i mean for your academic its in hand to issue visa.

and for admission search for other colleges also. Might be you got admitted.
nw im looking for diploma in business, as i think i wont get admission for PG programs ..
for funds, i will get education loan .. ielts 6.5 overall with no band less than 6.0 ..
only problem is with my academics ..

tiger007

Champion Member
harikrishna said:
i got only 49% .. i think below 50% marks are considered as pass class ...
Hi,

People with more than 45% 've got admissions easily in PG certificate/ diploma courses in colleges. It must be your BACKLOGS that creating a major hurdle.
Try getting admission through a reputed consultant, who 've direct connections with the colleges and MAY find a way to get you admitted.

tiger007

Champion Member
harikrishna said:
nw im looking for diploma in business, as i think i wont get admission for PG programs ..
for funds, i will get education loan .. ielts 6.5 overall with no band less than 6.0 ..
only problem is with my academics ..
You must try in ALL other colleges offering PG certificate/diploma courses in Ontario, BC. If required even try for 2 years PG certificate/diploma courses... But go ONLY for PG level courses. Opting for diploma courses (which are lower than your present qualification) 'll most probably lead to visa rejection.

harikrishna

Mar 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiger007 said:
Hi,

People with more than 45% 've got admissions easily in PG certificate/ diploma courses in colleges. It must be your BACKLOGS that creating a major hurdle.
might be ... actually i couldn't write my last sem exam as i was sick , so on my last sem marksheet it is full absent for each subject(6 sub) .. excluding my last sem i got only 6 backlogs .. but the Admissions Coordinator from centennial said that "being absent is also considered as failures/ backlogs as per the CIC guidelines" . so i have 12 backlogs ...

tiger007

Champion Member
harikrishna said:
what if i dont show graduation as my qualification ..
i need to show +2 as my highest qualification and try for diploma
and for all these gap years after +2, wat if i show some work experience .. ??
Frankly speaking, some people do attach fake work ex certificates or hide their past record and even make it to Canada. But, those who are caught are screwed totally. I think they are banned from entering Canada for some years.

Saying this, you can try so... and make sure that the work ex you are showing is 101% verifiable..and looks 1000% genuine. If CHC calls back to en-quire about the work ex..your position, duration of years etc.. it should turn out to be true..i.e atleast CHC should be able to verify it without a doubt and also at the same time hiding your graduation record you'll also need to be very careful. Here, you are not just covering years with work ex certificate/appointment letter but also simultaneously covering actual record of your attendance in graduation! If you get caught..you are done for... and it's a very big risk!

Hence, I would strongly suggest not to opt for this route... and try getting admission to all the colleges offering PG certificate/diploma courses and even go through reputed consultants (only reputed and well known at national level) to see if you may get admission.

Best of luck.

harikrishna

Mar 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiger007 said:
Frankly speaking, some people do attach fake work ex certificates or hide their past record and even make it to Canada. But, those who are caught are screwed totally. I think they are banned from entering Canada for some years.

Saying this, you can try so... and make sure that the work ex you are showing is 101% verifiable..and looks 1000% genuine. If CHC calls back to en-quire about the work ex..your position, duration of years etc.. it should turn out to be true..i.e atleast CHC should be able to verify it without a doubt and also at the same time hiding your graduation record you'll also need to be very careful. Here, you are not just covering years with work ex certificate/appointment letter but also simultaneously covering actual record of your attendance in graduation! If you get caught..you are done for... and it's a very big risk!

Hence, I would strongly suggest not to opt for this route... and try getting admission to all the colleges offering PG certificate/diploma courses and even go through reputed consultants (only reputed and well known at national level) to see if you may get admission.

Best of luck.
my consultant said that its difficult for me to get admission for PG programs coz of my backlogs, and even if i get admission in some college der is very less chance in getting visa coz of the guidelines by CIC..
will der be any kind of interview for the student if he/she shows a work experience certificate??

tiger007

Champion Member
harikrishna said:
my consultant said that its difficult for me to get admission for PG programs coz of my backlogs, and even if i get admission in some college der is very less chance in getting visa coz of the guidelines by CIC..
will der be any kind of interview for the student if he/she shows a work experience certificate??
I see...

NO, under SPP...if you apply..mostly there's NO interview...
Under general there may or may not be an interview...

moor

Mar 14, 2012
What are the requirements to apply under spp?
if we have a work exp cert do we have to submit it to V.O ?

patelthakrar

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
harikrishna said:
Hi,

What are the CIC guidelines?? is the the pass class or Backlogs?? Can you ask your consultant clearly.
Cause i have seen a case where a student had 33backlogs and still managed to get a visa. (however he had valid work exp)