+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed Work Permit Issue and PR application

leothelion

Jun 26, 2020
Hi all,

I am on a closed work permit and this is the first time my company is doing it so, my initial work permit was set to BC and I live in ontario, when i applied for PNP BC rejected me for this reason, so my company applied for a change in work location from BC to OTTAWA, ON and it was successfully approved, but by mistake IRCC (No idea how) printed my old passport number but not the passport number i mentioned in the PR application form, it was a clerical error on the IRCC side, and I just uploaded my Perm residence appliance using that UCI number. I already raised a request and its been 3 months and there is no response from IRCC (I understand its the covid)

If they cross reference that UCI number see the old passport number will i fail the background check that point ? Is there any way for me to update IRCC about that update since i already uploaded my AOPR. what are my options ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I am on a closed work permit and this is the first time my company is doing it so, my initial work permit was set to BC and I live in ontario, when i applied for PNP BC rejected me for this reason, so my company applied for a change in work location from BC to OTTAWA, ON and it was successfully approved, but by mistake IRCC (No idea how) printed my old passport number but not the passport number i mentioned in the PR application form, it was a clerical error on the IRCC side, and I just uploaded my Perm residence appliance using that UCI number. I already raised a request and its been 3 months and there is no response from IRCC (I understand its the covid)

If they cross reference that UCI number see the old passport number will i fail the background check that point ? Is there any way for me to update IRCC about that update since i already uploaded my AOPR. what are my options ?
Why would you think that make you fail a background check? It's just a clerical error and won't have any effect on your app.