+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on visa part

su22

Aug 26, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on taking 1 year course in Winnipeg city- Canada.

My education-

10th - 70%
12th - 50%
Bachelors of computer applications- 72%
IELTS- 6.5

I have 2 colleges in mind.
1. Red river college - course is Network Technology CCNA Certificate. This is UG program
2. University of Winnipeg - course is Network security diploma for 1 year. This is PG program.

My question is, in case if I opt for UG program in red river college, will there be any difficulties in my visa approval as I have already have one degree certificate?

Please help me in understanding the consequences about this.

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
su22 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on taking 1 year course in Winnipeg city- Canada.

My education-

10th - 70%
12th - 50%
Bachelors of computer applications- 72%
IELTS- 6.5

I have 2 colleges in mind.
1. Red river college - course is Network Technology CCNA Certificate. This is UG program
2. University of Winnipeg - course is Network security diploma for 1 year. This is PG program.

My question is, in case if I opt for UG program in red river college, will there be any difficulties in my visa approval as I have already have one degree certificate?

Please help me in understanding the consequences about this.
I think, you should go for at least 2 years program rather than 1 year as you have already done your graduation. If you get acceptance in Master's degree from any university, it will increase your chance of getting visa. Also, you can go for post-graduation diploma in Networking. Just give justification for doing that in your sop.

su22

Aug 26, 2016
mandeep62 said:
I think, you should go for at least 2 years program rather than 1 year as you have already done your graduation. If you get acceptance in Master's degree from any university, it will increase your chance of getting visa. Also, you can go for post-graduation diploma in Networking. Just give justification for doing that in your sop.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I checked with university, they don't have 2 year masters in networking. That's y I selected this diploma in networking for 1 year. I will surely give justification in my sop as wel.

One more question, in September 2016, I had applied for visitor visa for short term course. But my visa was rejected due to travel history, personal assets, purpose of visit and stay period. Will this be affected for my study visa??

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
su22 said:
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I checked with university, they don't have 2 year masters in networking. That's y I selected this diploma in networking for 1 year. I will surely give justification in my sop as wel.

One more question, in September 2016, I had applied for visitor visa for short term course. But my visa was rejected due to travel history, personal assets, purpose of visit and stay period. Will this be affected for my study visa??
There are many Master's programs in Networking e.g Internetworking and few others. You should google it. It wouldn't as long as you prepare your application better this time. Show yourself financially strong, convince VO that you have strong ties with your home country by showing immovable assests and tell them, you purpose of visit is just for studies and take your career to new heights. Good luck.

su22

Aug 26, 2016
mandeep62 said:
There are many Master's programs in Networking e.g Internetworking and few others. You should google it. It wouldn't as long as you prepare your application better this time. Show yourself financially strong, convince VO that you have strong ties with your home country by showing immovable assests and tell them, you purpose of visit is just for studies and take your career to new heights. Good luck.

Thank you for your valuable inputs. I will keep all the points in mind and do it. Cheers