+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Civil Engineering Job in Canada

aromalreghu85

Dec 14, 2019
I am an Indian. Keralite..Civil engineer. 11 years experienced in GCC..Currently Working in Oman. I would like to work in Canada. My wife is also a civil engineer having same experience. Whats the scope in canada ???Could we both work in canada???
What are the formalities???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Too many civil engineers for the jobs available. Would depend on your work history and skills and if you are willing to work anywhere in Canada. You would have to get licensed before working. You should speak to foreign trained engineers that have recently made the transition and look and also consider salaries, cost of living and taxes. Doesn’t always make sense to immigrate.

aromalreghu85

Dec 14, 2019
Too many civil engineers for the jobs available. Would depend on your work history and skills and if you are willing to work anywhere in Canada. You would have to get licensed before working. You should speak to foreign trained engineers that have recently made the transition and look and also consider salaries, cost of living and taxes. Doesn’t always make sense to immigrate.
How can I get a license?? Is there any option to work there other than migration.??

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
How can I get a license?? Is there any option to work there other than migration.??
To get a license to practice and to sign documents you need clearance from the Professional Organization in your province. If you decided on Ontario you would have to contact the Professional Engineers of Ontario. They may dictate exams etc. to get you to Canadian Standard. Here is their web address. https://www.peo.on.ca/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There will likely be licensing exams to take. You will need to contact the professional licensing board as already mentioned. Would encourage you to do a lot more research about becoming an engineer in Canada and whether you will easily get a job in your field or not. If you didn’t know about the need to get licensed you must not have done a lot of research.