+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test - Glen Erin -Mississauga- May 2012

cfila

Full Member
Jun 27, 2012
28
0
It is been 5 weeks since I updated my address online but it does not appear to be changed on eCas. It is almost impossible to get attended by phone. I tried many times and the recording message says they are busy please call later.

I hope the Canada Post address redirection works for me to receive the oath invitation in my new address. Right now It looks like the ones who take the test in May are being severely tortured with no news.
 
 

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
57
0
Hi CFila,
i had also same boat, after sometime my address got updated,
check it again see if its updated.
when you change you may need to change both mailing and physical.
i had to try twice.
 
E

erikag

Guest
cfila said:
It is been 5 weeks since I updated my address online but it does not appear to be changed on eCas. It is almost impossible to get attended by phone. I tried many times and the recording message says they are busy please call later.

I hope the Canada Post address redirection works for me to receive the oath invitation in my new address. Right now It looks like the ones who take the test in May are being severely tortured with no news.

Keep calling CIC until you get through! Sometimes the online address change does not show up in their system and they send every communication to your old address.
Canada Post will NOT forward mails from the government, so your oath invitation will go to your old address if CIC did not update it in their system.
The only way to make sure they have the right address is to talk to an Call Centre agent. Also keep checking the status of your application online. It should be updated with the date of oath 3 business days after CIC schedules the oath date for you.
 

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
62
0
Looks like another week gone with no updates :(
just wondering, do a lot of people know that these forums exist?
i'm saying this because very few people have registered and actually commented in this thread and i'm sure there are atleast 20-30 people taking tests at one time.
does a lot of traffic go to immigration.ca than this website? just curious!
anyhow, enjoy the waiting game everyone!
gl
 
Aug 22, 2012
1
0
paraug99 said:
Looks like another week gone with no updates :(
just wondering, do a lot of people know that these forums exist?
i'm saying this because very few people have registered and actually commented in this thread and i'm sure there are atleast 20-30 people taking tests at one time.
does a lot of traffic go to immigration.ca than this website? just curious!
anyhow, enjoy the waiting game everyone!
gl
Had my exam at Glen Erin location on May 29, 2012. No update yet, my status is still "In process"
 
 

p56208

Newbie
May 30, 2012
8
1
By the grace of God, It's my pleaseure to share that I got notice of invitation to Oath this morning scheduled on September 6th. I had my test on May 11th at Mississauga CIC. It took me 4 months from test to Oath.

May test batch @ Mississauga, it's your turn to receive Oath letters. I wish everybody Good Luck!
 

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
62
0
p56208 said:
By the grace of God, It's my pleaseure to share that I got notice of invitation to Oath this morning scheduled on September 6th. I had my test on May 11th at Mississauga CIC. It took me 4 months from test to Oath.

May test batch @ Mississauga, it's your turn to receive Oath letters. I wish everybody Good Luck!
Congratulations p56208!
i'm glad you've got your oath invitation.
yet in a way i'm confused and frustrated as i took the test on May 10th and the status is still in process!
anyhow, congratulations once again!
 

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
57
0
Congratulations to p56208.

Paraug, give it another week, we are seeing couple of days to a week early or late from applicants test to oath.
so we hope your status gets updated this friday evening or tuesday :)
 

cfila

Full Member
Jun 27, 2012
28
0
erikag said:
Keep calling CIC until you get through! Sometimes the online address change does not show up in their system and they send every communication to your old address.
Canada Post will NOT forward mails from the government, so your oath invitation will go to your old address if CIC did not update it in their system.
The only way to make sure they have the right address is to talk to an Call Centre agent. Also keep checking the status of your application online. It should be updated with the date of oath 3 business days after CIC schedules the oath date for you.
Thanks Erikag! I finally managed to get helped by phone and changed the address. However it still shows the old one in the website after two days. Go figure!

They didn't give me any information about my status. Same known 6-months-speech. My test was on May 23rd.
 
 

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
62
0
Desibabu, you were right!
I got back home after work and checked my mail box, lo and behold there was the cic oath invitation letter sitting there, LOL!
so as pretty much every one has stated, "by the grace of God AND BY THE GRACE OF OUR SO EFFICIENT CIC, i've been invited to attend the oath ceremony at Mississauga on September 6th" WHEW, what a drag!
I guess this is just another example of cic's efficiency! i've received the snail mail before the ecas update
GL everyone!
 

Westwood818

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
55
1
p56208 said:
By the grace of God, It's my pleaseure to share that I got notice of invitation to Oath this morning scheduled on September 6th. I had my test on May 11th at Mississauga CIC. It took me 4 months from test to Oath.

May test batch @ Mississauga, it's your turn to receive Oath letters. I wish everybody Good Luck!
Congrats! Can you please post your full timeline? Thanks!
 
 

cfila

Full Member
Jun 27, 2012
28
0
I notice all or most of the active members from the the first half of May got the invitations so please folks from the second half keep posting and updating. I took the test on 23rd and still waiting. I hope we will have news beginning next week.