+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Aug 25, 2021
Not really sure, I think Winnipeg. I just called and the agent said it was mailed on July 25th but I still haven't received it. It seems they had an issue with my address so they updated it during the call. The agent asked me to wait for another week and call them again if I don't receive it. She said that after 6 weeks of mailing the certificate, they can see in the system more information about the next steps, and that in the case that I still don't receive it, they will reissue it and send it again. So, hopefully I can get my certificate soon
Quick question: what number did you call? I am waiting for my certificate and wondering if they mailed it at all.
Thank you!

Egyptian bird

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Anyone here took the oath on Aug 30th , Niagara Falls office ? have you received any auto-reply after submitting your oath form ?

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I took the oath in Montréal on August 30. I didn’t receive any type reply so I called ircc today and I was told they received the form and that they don’t always send out confirmation emails.

Reactions: Egyptian bird

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Took oath on 1-Sep (Virtual, Mississauga office) and status updated to Closed today 5-Sep. Yet to receive the certificate.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
What happens if the status is set to CLOSED? My oath was on July 11 and the last update in my application was on July 19 but I still haven't received my certificate, it's been 7 weeks now
If the status is set to closed, then it probably means that they've already shipped your certificate.