+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"CIC strives to meet the legislated deadline"

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a quote for the access to information and personal information request. "To meet the legislated deadline" -- what is the legislated deadline? Is that the average time that it takes to process a case in the visa offices? When a case goes past the "legislated deadline" what should one do?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Sadgirl,

forgive the question, but what exactly have you done to date, to gain information on your file to know it's actual status?

Have you engaged an MP for a file update? IF so, what did you ask them, and what did they tell you?
Have you ordered your CAIPS notes? If so, when did you order? Did you receive it? and what did you learn from it?

Sorry I don't know your time line - what is it if you care to share it???? And which office are you coming from?? [maybe you can update your profile sig with this infor, if you have posted it before and I'm asking redundant questions :).]

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SadGirl:( said:
This is a quote for the access to information and personal information request. "To meet the legislated deadline" -- what is the legislated deadline? Is that the average time that it takes to process a case in the visa offices? When a case goes past the "legislated deadline" what should one do?
It is 30 days, and they then can apply for an additional 30 days. All you can do is complain.

PMM

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM is right that an Access to Information request should be completed within 30 days. This is NOT the average time it takes to process a case at the visa post. Different legislation.

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rasha said:
Sadgirl,

forgive the question, but what exactly have you done to date, to gain information on your file to know it's actual status?

Have you engaged an MP for a file update? IF so, what did you ask them, and what did they tell you?
Have you ordered your CAIPS notes? If so, when did you order? Did you receive it? and what did you learn from it?

Sorry I don't know your time line - what is it if you care to share it???? And which office are you coming from?? [maybe you can update your profile sig with this infor, if you have posted it before and I'm asking redundant questions :).]
I finally found out how to update my profile signature :D !!!

Our visa office is LONDON.

To gain information on my case, to date, every few weeks (at least once a month) I get in contact with the man that held the interview either through phone or by email. He has contacts in London that correspond back and forth with him about the cases that he deals with. However, when I asked him if there is anyone else besides you that I can contact when you are on leave (which he was on leave from June 27 to July 27 -- he's back now) he never gave me any other contact. So I remain in contact with him. Here's the story. In May I contacted this man for the first time asking about the status of my husband's application. He told me that routine background checks are being conducted. He also informed me that he will be on leave in July. On at the end of June I contacted him again and he said that your husband's application is with an officer ready for a security decision and that hopefully when he gets back the Visa will be ready to issue. When he came back I contacted him asking about the status of the application, reminding him that he told me that the application is with an officer ready for a decision. He told me that further background checks were deemed necessary. When I asked him what are they looking into now, he tells me that he doesn't know, but we're awaiting the results of these background checks. I asked him about my husband's medicals because they expire on September 10th, and he said that he can redo them once they expire. I asked him if he can give an estimated time frame for how much longer we have to wait, and he said that he does not know. He says that it could take a day, a week, a month, a year, or many years. This is ridiculous. My husband hasn't lived in many places. He's lived in Iraq for most of his life. He studied in Russia for less 6 months. He lived in Syria for less than a year (8 months) and then went to Sweden, where he has been for 3 years and is a permanent resident of Sweden. It did not take him very long to get permanent residencey in Sweden -- it only took him 3 months to get his permanent residencey in Sweden. I just don't know what else to do???

I tried to contact my local MP, but he has not responded to my email or voice mail.

I ordered my CAIPS notes just recently, so I have not received them yet. However, I'm just wondering, are they going to be any more informative than jsut saying that we're running background checks?

It has almost been a year since this entire sponsorship process began. It is really difficult to just wait and not be able to do anything.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rasha said:
Sadgirl,

To gain information on my case, to date, every few weeks (at least once a month) I get in contact with the man that held the interview either through phone or by email. He has contacts in London that correspond back and forth with him about the cases that he deals with. However, when I asked him if there is anyone else besides you that I can contact when you are on leave (which he was on leave from June 27 to July 27 -- he's back now) he never gave me any other contact. So I remain in contact with him. Here's the story. In May I contacted this man for the first time asking about the status of my husband's application. He told me that routine background checks are being conducted. He also informed me that he will be on leave in July. On at the end of June I contacted him again and he said that your husband's application is with an officer ready for a security decision and that hopefully when he gets back the Visa will be ready to issue. When he came back I contacted him asking about the status of the application, reminding him that he told me that the application is with an officer ready for a decision. He told me that further background checks were deemed necessary. When I asked him what are they looking into now, he tells me that he doesn't know, but we're awaiting the results of these background checks. I asked him about my husband's medicals because they expire on September 10th, and he said that he can redo them once they expire. I asked him if he can give an estimated time frame for how much longer we have to wait, and he said that he does not know. He says that it could take a day, a week, a month, a year, or many years. This is ridiculous. My husband hasn't lived in many places. He's lived in Iraq for most of his life. He studied in Russia for less 6 months. He lived in Syria for less than a year (8 months) and then went to Sweden, where he has been for 3 years and is a permanent resident of Sweden. It did not take him very long to get permanent residencey in Sweden -- it only took him 3 months to get his permanent residencey in Sweden. I just don't know what else to do???

I tried to contact my local MP, but he has not responded to my email or voice mail.

I ordered my CAIPS notes just recently, so I have not received them yet. However, I'm just wondering, are they going to be any more informative than jsut saying that we're running background checks?

It has almost been a year since this entire sponsorship process began. It is really difficult to just wait and not be able to do anything.
Iraq, Syria, Russia background checks will be a very long time.

PMM

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Rasha said:
Sadgirl,

Iraq, Syria, Russia background checks will be a very long time.

PMM
A very long time . . . however, there are other people that my husband and I know who are also from Iraq and they went to Sweden and we also know a few from Iraq who also went to Syria and then to Sweden and in around 6 to 8 months they got their Visa to come to Canada. I just wish that they could offer us more insight as to what they are doing/looking into so that we can get an idea of how long this might take.