+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC asking for a new Police certificate.

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Hi,

Has anyone experienced this issue? I have submitted my application last year. However, after 8-9 months, CIC is asking me to submit police clearance.

I was checking trackit website, and saw recently many people(who applied 8-9 months ago) are getting emails to re-submit police clearance. Is it normal?

And when do they usually ask for police clearance? Is it right before medial request? Does that mean, my case has got positive review?

Thanks

Reactions: Faisalmado

Alberto945

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
CPR 23-03-2015
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 Finally
How old were your Police certificates when you submitted them?

Alberto945

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
CPR 23-03-2015
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 Finally
And if you did not submit them at the time you send the application, what is the deal? :eek:

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
isabox said:
Hi,

Has anyone experienced this issue? I have submitted my application last year. However, after 8-9 months, CIC is asking me to submit police clearance.

I was checking trackit website, and saw recently many people(who applied 8-9 months ago) are getting emails to re-submit police clearance. Is it normal?

And when do they usually ask for police clearance? Is it right before medial request? Does that mean, my case has got positive review?

Thanks

I am having the same issue. I submitted my Police Certificate after receiving my AOR. Not only that I received a request to send my Indian PC but also US FBI Cleaance . I was in the only for only 4.5 months. :mad:. I didn't get any response to my mail which I sent around 10 days back. So am applying again .

Alberto945

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
CPR 23-03-2015
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 Finally
Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

They are becoming very picky. :mad:

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Got a call last week from CIC (confirming certain info + reminding me to work on my Police Clearance). I mentioned that I already have these and asked if these are still acceptable (July 2013). He said yes.

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Alberto945 said:
How old were your Police certificates when you submitted them?
When I applied it was only few weeks older than the date I submitted my application.
I submitted my application at the beginning of July, and police certificate was from June.
It seems little confusing to me.

When do they ask for police clearance? Is it after the eligibility assessment or is it before they start to look into my file?
Any idea?

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
isabox said:
When I applied it was only few weeks older than the date I submitted my application.
I submitted my application at the beginning of July, and police certificate was from June.
It seems little confusing to me.

When do they ask for police clearance? Is it after the eligibility assessment or is it before they start to look into my file?
Any idea?
Do they ask for new police certificates for countries no longer lived in or are these re-submission requests strictly for a country of current residence?

Thanks!

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I was having the dilemma as we'll on PC few weeks back as I have submitted one of my 3 PC, 3 months and 2 weeks after the PC was issued.It has been almost 2 months and I haven't heard a request for a new from CIC.
My understanding is that they needed it not more than 3 months as most PC are valid for a year, so the remaining 9 months of validity is on while they process the PR application.My guess is that CIC have projected that they won't be able to process your application until DM until your PC expires.Just my thoughts.

Meng Siah

Sep 13, 2017
Submitted my Application to CIO a month ago with my Police Clearances from XX & YY countries as my Police Clearance from ZZ country was still pending. Have not received my AOR from CIO yet but just received my Police Clearance from ZZ country yesterday. What should I do? Any possibility that I could send my latest police clearance to CIO ? Appreciate if someone could enlighten me. Thank you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Submitted my Application to CIO a month ago with my Police Clearances from XX & YY countries as my Police Clearance from ZZ country was still pending. Have not received my AOR from CIO yet but just received my Police Clearance from ZZ country yesterday. What should I do? Any possibility that I could send my latest police clearance to CIO ? Appreciate if someone could enlighten me. Thank you.
Send it using the webform -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Meng Siah

Sep 13, 2017
Thanks very much jes_ON. I have 3 questions, if I may.
1.Under TYPE OF APPLICATION, there is no "Quebec Investor Immigration Program". Should I choose " Provincial Nominee " ?
2. APPLICATION NUMBER. Does this refer to Acknowledgement of Receipt Number ?
3. Submitted my application by mail to CIO but have not receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt. Does mean that I have to wait for my Acknowledgement of Receipt before I could update my Police Clearance from ZZ Country?
Looking forward to your guidance.
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks very much jes_ON. I have 3 questions, if I may.
1.Under TYPE OF APPLICATION, there is no "Quebec Investor Immigration Program". Should I choose " Provincial Nominee " ?

This forum is for people applying under the CEC class as part of Express Entry. If that is not your application class, then very little of the information here will apply to you.

"Provincial Nominee" is not a Quebec program. Quebec is completely separate - I would suggest choosing the Quebec Skilled Worker option.

2. APPLICATION NUMBER. Does this refer to Acknowledgement of Receipt Number ?
3. Submitted my application by mail to CIO but have not receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt. Does mean that I have to wait for my Acknowledgement of Receipt before I could update my Police Clearance from ZZ Country?

I do not know what is being done with paper-based applications these days. Before, you would receive your file number (application number) in the AOR letter. And yes, you would have to wait for that before you could send additional materials, otherwise there was no mechanism for IRCC to link the new document to the file.