+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Choosing a university in Canada is a tough decision.

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Guys please suggest me a good university in Toronto other then Ryerson and York as they are requiring A level Mathematics as a prerequisites and i don't have it.
Or if i can't get into the university in Toronto, Is there any possibility in getting in a college and then transferring to any university in next year ? but i was afraid how much time it'll take for bachelors if i initially join a college and than transfer to a university ?

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are only 3 Universities in Toronto. University of Toronto, Ryerson and York. UofT will likely have the highest grade requirements for any program. Some colleges in Toronto have joint programs with Universities, so this may be an option for you. Example: Humber College has a relationship with Guelph University (the main Guelph University campus is about 1.25 hours outside of Toronto).

Another option is doing a virtual study with a University like Athabasca University --it's a leader in long distance degrees.

If you have any options to look at Universities 1-2 hours outside of Toronto, consider Trent University in Peterborough, McMaster University in Hamilton.

Good Luck!

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Hey thanks for the information, Do you have any idea about Brock University in St. Catherine's ?
Actually I've short listed Uni of Western Onterio, U of Waterloo, Trent and Brock .And Seneca college as well as it's affiliated with York .

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brock is a nice medium size University -- has a smaller town atmosphere and is growing in overall rankings. I've toured the school and liked it very much - great atmosphere.

Both Western and Waterloo are usually much harder to get into and often require higher GPA's. Western has a fantastic Business program (very hard to get into) and Waterloo is widely know as "the best" IT and Engineering University. If you get into Waterloo and graduate in either their IT or Eng program you are set. Their Co-op program is highly sought after.

If you are looking at options like Waterloo and Western, also look at Sir Wilfrid Laurier University-- has a fantastic Business program - smaller school in Waterloo region, and has concentrated on a smaller group of programs -but is highly regarded.

I don't know what your Major is, but if you're considering Business, "Queens" is also one of the best schools -- very difficult to get in.

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Yeah I am going for Business, so you mean Brock is comparatively easy to get in?
Actually I don't have much choice in the light of my Grades so I could only apply to Brock as far as i had check the requirements of Universities of Toronto and waterloo as well.
Trent and Queen both have flexible Grade requirements..

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
I am not getting the fee of Brock University ,its according to the credits or something.
http://www.brocku.ca/finance/students/undergraduate/tuition/2010-2011 ,Could anyone please check it out for me :) ..
What is the co-op Program btw ??

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A Co-op program is when you attend classes for one term then are on a job placement for the next term. (arranged through the university and you receive pay).

It may stretch your studies an additional term, but the valuable real life experience you gain from a co-op experience is fantastic and there is often a good hiring opportunity for full-time work with many co-op companies you worked for.

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Do you have any idea how much the studies would stretch due to co-op program as Graduation in Canada is already of 4 Years ?

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
It's usually the same 4 year time frame, but instead of having the summer offs (and finding a summer job) , you'd be either working that term in a co-op position, or doing an additional school term, if your co-op had been September-January.

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Can someone tell me what is the estimate cost of expenses for One year in (Toronto and St.Catherine's) apart from tuition fees and other education related cost.
I mean the rent,electricity,bus passes and other fun related activities like movies n concerts.
Thanks ,Cheers :) .

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
If you go to any of the Universities websites they all have sections that give you excellent estimates for total cost of living for both on-campus and off-campus. It does depend on the school, the program your studying etc, but to give you an average - everyone I know with children at University living away from home, so they have tuition, residence, food costs etc they say to average 15-18k per school year.

Go to the schools websites to give you a better estimate. Living off-campus in Toronto will be a lot more expensive then living off-campus in St Caltherines.

Scanner

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Hi All,

I have an enquiry, what if some1 start MBA virtually with any university and for the final semester, join the university as full time student to earn degree as full time student. Is it possibel???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Scanner said:
Hi All,

I have an enquiry, what if some1 start MBA virtually with any university and for the final semester, join the university as full time student to earn degree as full time student. Is it possibel???
Very unlikely. Most bricks and mortar universities won't accept transfer credits from virtual universities.