+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing immigration program/category half way through the application

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Hello,

We are considering starting the immigration process using the skilled worker program. Half way through the process, if I am offered a job, can I change over to the Provincial Nominee Program? If so, how easy would it be to change over and what would it involve?

Has anybody been in this situation before? If so, what did it involve and did it reduce processing times?

regards

valeace

Jul 18, 2007
ManiB said:
Hello,

We are considering starting the immigration process using the skilled worker program. Half way through the process, if I am offered a job, can I change over to the Provincial Nominee Program? If so, how easy would it be to change over and what would it involve?

Has anybody been in this situation before? If so, what did it involve and did it reduce processing times?

regards
Could you please tell us How did you get job offer from Canadian employer?Are you in Canada or not?What is your job?
Thank you.

c_j_l_1

Oct 3, 2007
In answer to your question, from what I have read on other sites, I think you just cancel your existing application and start a fresh one for PNP. Depending on where you are applying from its very quick compared to SW, but you have to find a full time permanent position first, and that could take a while.I hope this is helpful.

Clare