+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Employer MPNP

Apr 27, 2022
Hi all,

Got my MPNP nomination 2 months ago and have already applied for Express Entry PNP Stream. I was wondering if I can change my employer if the new one pay me higher wages? However, the new job will be NOC C with a different occupation than my current employer(NOC 0) which supported me for my MPNP Skilled Worker application.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

Got my MPNP nomination 2 months ago and have already applied for Express Entry PNP Stream. I was wondering if I can change my employer if the new one pay me higher wages? However, the new job will be NOC C with a different occupation than my current employer(NOC 0) which supported me for my MPNP Skilled Worker application.

Thanks in advance.
I assume you applied through the skilled worker stream. If so, a change like this isn't possible and will result in your PR being refused.

Apr 27, 2022
I assume you applied through the skilled worker stream. If so, a change like this isn't possible and will result in your PR being refused.
Yes, I applied under skilled worker stream. i spoke to an MPNP officer today, over the phone, he said we have no issues as long as you have a valid reason to switch employers. He wasn’t sure about my express entry file though. If my nomination remains valid then I don’t think IRCC will object anything

moscatojuices

Feb 21, 2022
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
You want to change employers for a higher wage, even though the one paying you a lower wage is helping you get Canadian permanent residency?

Apr 27, 2022
You want to change employers for a higher wage, even though the one paying you a lower wage is helping you get Canadian permanent residency?
Yes, why not? It's not that I begged them to help me, I worked there day and night. You have to move on for your future. Plus, my current employer is not dependent on me. Here, people get replaced within days.

moscatojuices

Feb 21, 2022
Yes, why not? It's not that I begged them to help me, I worked there day and night. You have to move on for your future. Plus, my current employer is not dependent on me. Here, people get replaced within days.
You're bold! I feel like if someone helped me with PR I owe them but that's jut me, I work in a job where I'm on 50% of the salary I had back in my home country, but they're supporting my PR. And when Canadian citizenship has so much more value than merely money, I felt I should stick it out but each to their own.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're bold! I feel like if someone helped me with PR I owe them but that's jut me, I work in a job where I'm on 50% of the salary I had back in my home country, but they're supporting my PR. And when Canadian citizenship has so much more value than merely money, I felt I should stick it out but each to their own.
The main issue I see here is that OP will be dropping from a NOC 0 role to a NOC C role. Not sure that will be accepted once IRCC starts the Express Entry processing portion.

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022
The main issue I see here is that OP will be dropping from a NOC 0 role to a NOC C role. Not sure that will be accepted once IRCC starts the Express Entry processing portion.
Wouldn't be an issue once he meets the minimum requirements.