+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change of final destination

clover123

Sep 19, 2011
Hi everyone! I need your help regarding my issue. My final destination in my papers is Ottawa but we changed plan. Instead, we decided to settle in Edmonton. Would that matter? Please i need your opinions.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you an FSW (skilled worker program) applicant? If yes, then the location doesn't matter as long as you are outside Quebec.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Clover123 and Leon,

I changed my destination 15 days before coming to Canada and since I am a FSW as long as it's not Quebec, no problem whatsoever.

I have choseen Mississauga, and so far NO REGRET at all. Wonderful city!!!

I wish you all the best my friend.

SFD

clover123

Sep 19, 2011
Thank you for all your replies. Yes, I am under the FSW category. So, no questions ask in the port of entry?

shamshertaha

Aug 25, 2011
clover123 said:
Hi everyone! I need your help regarding my issue. My final destination in my papers is Ottawa but we changed plan. Instead, we decided to settle in Edmonton. Would that matter? Please i need your opinions.

agree with leon!!!!!

sanusiremi

Oct 2, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
JUNE 7 2011
AOR Received.
25TH OCT 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
19/12/11
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
15/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2012
LANDED..........
03/03/2012
Please can someone out there help clarify this issue. I have a PR for QSW(Quebec skilled worker) and my CSQ says my final destination is montreal. Please if I change to BC or Toronto what happens?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanusiremi said:
Please can someone out there help clarify this issue. I have a PR for QSW(Quebec skilled worker) and my CSQ says my final destination is montreal. Please if I change to BC or Toronto what happens?
Since you applied for Quebec skilled worker, you signed some documents stating that you want to settle in Quebec. If you land outside Quebec without a transfer ticket taking you to Quebec, you will be questioned on where you are planning to settle. If they believe you are not intending to settle in Quebec or if you admit that you aren't, they will not give you your PR but instead you will be called for an interview with immigration where they will decide if you get to keep your PR or not.

To avoid trouble, land in Quebec, get settled and look for a job. Document your job search, as in what you applied for, refusal letters etc. If you haven't found a job after 3 months, start looking for jobs in other provinces too. If you get a good job somewhere, move there. If anybody ever bothers you about not settling in Quebec, you can show them your proof of unfruitful job search and how you eventually moved because you found a good job elsewhere. There is no minimum time limit you must stay but you said you intended to settle so you must at least attempt to.

olags

Oct 25, 2011
That is mean it is also applicable to a PR who was Prov'l Nominee? I started looking for job related to my qualification but those jobs related to my qualification can be found in another province. Can I accept job from other province and return later to the province that nominated me?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olags said:
That is mean it is also applicable to a PR who was Prov'l Nominee? I started looking for job related to my qualification but those jobs related to my qualification can be found in another province. Can I accept job from other province and return later to the province that nominated me?
Yes, this is also applicable to a PR who was a PNP Nominee. To avoid problems, land in your PNP province and try to look for a job there to fulfil your end of the bargain. If you are not successful, you can move but always keep in mind that some day, maybe they will ask you. Keep records of your job search. As long as you had the intention to settle in your PNP province at the time you landed, you did not commit misrepresentation. If you land and leave very soon after, they can accuse you of having never had the intent to settle in the province as you did not take the time to look for a job there. Saying you were planning on settling there later will not get you anywhere. Anybody could say that if they got caught. Besides, if you are saying there are no jobs there for you, what makes you think that will change in the future?

olags

Oct 25, 2011
Leon,

Thanks for your reply.
Majority of my experience is oil and gas where job openings can be found in Alberta.

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
Please can someone out there help clarify this issue. I have a visa for FSW and my landing documemts says my final destination is fredericton NB . Please if I change to Montreal Quebec after completing my landing the next March at Toronto what happens?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cissino said:
Please can someone out there help clarify this issue. I have a visa for FSW and my landing documemts says my final destination is fredericton NB . Please if I change to Montreal Quebec after completing my landing the next March at Toronto what happens?
As an FSW applicant, you should be wanting to live in British Canada. If you had wanted to go to Quebec, you should have applied under QSW but since you did not go through a PNP, you have no PNP coming after you. Just land in Toronto, get your SIN, stay until you have your PR card and then quietly move to Montreal.

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
Leon said:
As an FSW applicant, you should be wanting to live in British Canada. If you had wanted to go to Quebec, you should have applied under QSW but since you did not go through a PNP, you have no PNP coming after you. Just land in Toronto, get your SIN, stay until you have your PR card and then quietly move to Montreal.
thank you very much for your reply Leon (+1)

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
is this an issue also for family class PR? Our paperwork says Ontario but that is because we have a letter from my father as proof of re-establishing ourselves in Canada but we are thinking of going to Alberta. Will this be a bad idea or does it not matter as long as it's not Quebec with Family class? Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
is this an issue also for family class PR? Our paperwork says Ontario but that is because we have a letter from my father as proof of re-establishing ourselves in Canada but we are thinking of going to Alberta. Will this be a bad idea or does it not matter as long as it's not Quebec with Family class? Thanks!
For family class, it doesn't matter as long as it is not Quebec.