+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Address mid application of Spouse Sponsorship- From Toronto to Quebec

Alli13

Jan 31, 2024
Hello,

I have applied for spouse sponsorship in Oct 2023 while my husband was in Toronto. However, he had to move to Quebec due to work and now resides there.
I have already given my biometrics and I'm waiting on further updates since a month.
Grateful to advise if the change in address will affect the application process once we inform IRCC. Will we have to apply for CSQ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I have applied for spouse sponsorship in Oct 2023 while my husband was in Toronto. However, he had to move to Quebec due to work and now resides there.
I have already given my biometrics and I'm waiting on further updates since a month.
Grateful to advise if the change in address will affect the application process once we inform IRCC. Will we have to apply for CSQ?
Did you apply inland or outland?

pooky73

Jan 31, 2024
I think you will need to resubmit as Quebec has a different process, that is why their wait time is different than the rest of Canada. I would let IRCC know asap so you can submit your application for Quebec without wasting anymore time.

Noureddine2022

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
Hello,

yes u have to apply for csq, quebec has long processing time right now 39 months , which your visa office ?

Alli13

Jan 31, 2024
I think you will need to resubmit as Quebec has a different process, that is why their wait time is different than the rest of Canada. I would let IRCC know asap so you can submit your application for Quebec without wasting anymore time.
Do you mean I should withdraw this current application and resubmit a new one under Quebec?
Please note that I have already given my biometrics, background check is in progress and eligibility and medical exam is with status “Not yet started”.

Alli13

Jan 31, 2024
yes u have to apply for csq, quebec has long processing time right now 39 months , which your visa office ?
Visa office is Pretoria.
Yes, I have checked the processing time.
Do I apply for CSQ as soon as I have informed IRCC of the change in address or do I have to wait for them to acknowledge or send any correspondence in that regard?
There is also the complexity of my passport expiring in July 2026. What are the consequences of that?
Also, please note that I intend to apply for a TRV as soon as I perform the change of address and subsequently apply for an OPW.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
They inform you when to apply for CSQ so perhaps you don't need to completely start a new application, I think the place to start is with notifying IRCC immediately.

You'll likely need to renew your passport, the sooner you can do the better.

Reactions: Alli13

pooky73

Jan 31, 2024
Do you mean I should withdraw this current application and resubmit a new one under Quebec?
Please note that I have already given my biometrics, background check is in progress and eligibility and medical exam is with status “Not yet started”.
I only know what I have read in forums and groups and online. But I see that the final letter you get once approved asks if your address has changed then you need to let them know before they finalize things. It would be terrible to get that far and then have to start over, or worse, they think you were trying to bypass the wait time for Quebec, possibly fraud in their eyes. I would go online and update your address and see what happens.

Reactions: Alli13

Alli13

Jan 31, 2024
They inform you when to apply for CSQ so perhaps you don't need to completely start a new application, I think the place to start is with notifying IRCC immediately.

You'll likely need to renew your passport, the sooner you can do the better.
Thank you.
Renew the passport now? I can’t really do that since I have already applied with my current passport, can I? Will that not create disruptions in the application or I can be asked to start over?

Alli13

Jan 31, 2024
I only know what I have read in forums and groups and online. But I see that the final letter you get once approved asks if your address has changed then you need to let them know before they finalize things. It would be terrible to get that far and then have to start over, or worse, they think you were trying to bypass the wait time for Quebec, possibly fraud in their eyes. I would go online and update your address and see what happens.
Yes, you are right. Thank you for your advice.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Thank you.
Renew the passport now? I can’t really do that since I have already applied with my current passport, can I? Will that not create disruptions in the application or I can be asked to start over?
you can renew your passport and then let them know of the renewal.