Challenges faced by immigrants children in quebec

Sujathj

May 15, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Hi all...
My kids are aged 11 and 6 and we are planning to settle in montreal. Iam aware that immigrants children usually attend public schools in quebec. We are from India and have no french knowledge. Kindly share your experience and challenges faced by children.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all...
My kids are aged 11 and 6 and we are planning to settle in montreal. Iam aware that immigrants children usually attend public schools in quebec. We are from India and have no french knowledge. Kindly share your experience and challenges faced by children.
Unless you are willing to pay for private education, your children will be required to attend school in French. That is the main challenge.

Reactions: Sujathj

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Unless you are willing to pay for private education, your children will be required to attend school in French. That is the main challenge.
can we move our kids to another province for study? mean main applicant remain in Quebec and other family member move to another English speaking province for job and study?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your children are still young and will easily be able to adjust to French school. People compete to get their children into French immersion in many of the other provinces. In Toronto there is fierce competition for the spots and they are trying to train more French teachers. Technically you can move to another province although I'm not familiar with all the nuances of Quebec skilled worker program. The cost of maintaining two separate houses and not having both parents around will also have an impact on your children. I would give it at least a year. If your children feel that it is too much of an obstacle you can reassess. Getting used to a new country while living in 2 separate cities will be quite challenging. Being bilingual is actually a very good skill to have if your children want to work in Canada in the future.

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2018/04/15/bc-parents-struggle-to-snag-provinces-few-french-immersion-spots.html

Reactions: Sujathj