+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified HR Professional(CHRP)-Need Info

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Hello All

Need some info on CHRP in Canada

Kindly pass on any contacts if you know of someone who has cleared the same or is in the process of clearing it

cheers!

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Refer to the http://www.hrpa.ca/Pages/Default.aspx website. (Human Resources Professionals Association). You can take accreditiation courses directly through them, or many colleges like Seneca College, offer HR programs that upon completion allow you to write your CHRP exam.

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Thnx Canadian Coach

I am aware of this website ;just wanted to have some first hand info from someone who would have done it or is the process of doing the same

Kindly let me know if you have any contacts in this

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's a very common program for most HR professionals to get. While not mandatory if will open the door for you if you are applying for a junior-intermediate level HR function. Many HR individuals will have the same knowledge from years of on the job experience, but it's just the added piece of paper that can give you the upper hand.

Once you have the designation, there are a number of things you have to do to keep up the accreditation.

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may also want to look into the SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) as they now have a global HR certification.

www.shrm.org/learning/global

They promote this program as one that will open doors for international HR opportunities.

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Career Coach

How are UK qualifications and experience received by potential employers in GTA area?

I have a UK MBA (a top - tier school) and several years of experience with a FTSE 100 Financial Services company at a fairly senior level (AVP/VP depending on the readers take on things - I say that as the designations in the UK are different i.e. not AVP/VP etc). How is this likely to be received in GTA?

My experience prior to UK is from India in the public sector. I doubt if that will carry any weight.

Also, what are the general attitudes of employers in GTA region regarding hiring ex-servicemen (from armed forces of countries other than Canada)?

Thanks in advance

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ChrisSpencer said:
Wow! thats really useful info. I am new here and I think this is good start for me.
I am looking for some first hand information on CHRP? would request experienced members to share some info

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Any experience in landing up HR job in Canada for HR professional??

Any tips / pointer u guys can suggest so tht I can begin my preparations?
Any course, I can enroll from India?

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hi Captain 74 Uk degrees do have a value and experience as well,Indian experience and education does not carry much weigtage.Since I had my masters in UK that helped me in getting a job here.

soni_hans

Feb 6, 2018
Hi All,

Need your advice.

My husband is a working as HR Senior Operation analyst however we are trying for Canada but would like to know if he can get certified for the same while he is in india?or any certification for His profile in India equivalent to Canada certification.

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hello So
Hi All,

Need your advice.

My husband is a working as HR Senior Operation analyst however we are trying for Canada but would like to know if he can get certified for the same while he is in india?or any certification for His profile in India equivalent to Canada certification.
ni,

Did you find out nay answers?

I am also looking for the same thing.

MBoruah

Nov 18, 2020
Hi
I am a HR professional with 3 years experience in India. I am planning to move to Canada by next year. Can someone please guide as to how to get a Hr job in Canada . Shall I do any online course for Chrp ?