+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP

Anoona

Mar 12, 2021
Hi,

Is anyone planning to take CELPIP soon? My exam is next month, and I am wondering if anyone is writing the CELPIP soon too?
Can someone please share the material they used to prepare for it?

Also, is it hard to score 10 in Speaking and writing sections of CELPIP? Any leads would be appreciated!

Thanks alot in advance!

saskguy

Feb 9, 2021
I took my CELPIP test in this Sunday just gone by. How soon? It depends on how good you are at English currently, how well you perform under pressure during the exam, and how difficult they make the test (some are harder, some are easier, it just depends on the mix of questions and your luck). I have read some people who needed little preparation and scored 9+ in all categories.

I won't share my material with you and I don't think anyone should as it cost me money, so that wouldn't be fair. But you can do the free tests they give you for booking the exam, look at materials they've provided on their website and watch their webinars.

I would say it's very hard to score 10 in speaking and writing - and I'm a native English speaker who has done marketing for 10+ years. I will be shocked if I passed my test and I prepared each night for 2 months before my exam. But I'm personally bad at exams and failing is more common for me than passing. I'm sure you're smarter.

Anoona

Mar 12, 2021
Hi,

Thanks alot for your generous guidance. While I can understand that you cannot share the material, I am wondering if you could please mention the name of the paid or unpaid material you used that you think was most helpful for your preparation.

Thanks

saskguy

Feb 9, 2021
Hi,

Thanks alot for your generous guidance. While I can understand that you cannot share the material, I am wondering if you could please mention the name of the paid or unpaid material you used that you think was most helpful for your preparation.

Thanks
I purchased the 'SPECIAL OFFER for CELPIP-General Practice Tests, Sets 1-8 (Online)' when I booked the test - it cost an extra $180 and it was worth it. You actually get 16 extra practice tests and sample responses, which I think is good to help you prepare and get used to the test format.

Anoona

Mar 12, 2021
Hi,

Thanks alot for letting me know. Was it the only material you found helpful for preparation other than the webinars?

saskguy

Feb 9, 2021
Yep. It's also good to have a friend who has a high level of mastery in English to review your Speaking and Writing answers against the benchmarks provided on their website.

Komal411997

Jul 15, 2021
I took my CELPIP test in this Sunday just gone by. How soon? It depends on how good you are at English currently, how well you perform under pressure during the exam, and how difficult they make the test (some are harder, some are easier, it just depends on the mix of questions and your luck). I have read some people who needed little preparation and scored 9+ in all categories.

I won't share my material with you and I don't think anyone should as it cost me money, so that wouldn't be fair. But you can do the free tests they give you for booking the exam, look at materials they've provided on their website and watch their webinars.

I would say it's very hard to score 10 in speaking and writing - and I'm a native English speaker who has done marketing for 10+ years. I will be shocked if I passed my test and I prepared each night for 2 months before my exam. But I'm personally bad at exams and failing is more common for me than passing. I'm sure you're smarter.
Hi
Have you observed if there is any pattern, approx at which date the exam might be easy?
I know it is a stupid question, but I'm actually quite scared about the exam.....

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Yep it is a pretty strange question I have to say. It's natural to be nervous about the exam but as long as you've studied and done the practice tests extensively you should at least meet the benchmark for your immigration pathway.