+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Celpip re-evaluation / Should I apply?

Hanadian

Dec 21, 2021
Listening 9
Reading 8
Writing 8
Speaking 6

Hello, I just got my CELPIP Test results. and I need 7 or above on speaking section. I know I was nervous on my speaking test and kind of messed it up. I am thinking about requesting test re-evaluation.
I am pretty confident that I can get above 7 if I take another test. But I'd avoid taking another exam since I am running out of this year's budget and It takes almost 2 hours to get to the test location. Does anyone think it'd go up by any chance? or it'd be a waste of money? I am hoping they may refer to the scores of other sections when they re-evaluate.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Listening 9
Reading 8
Writing 8
Speaking 6

Hello, I just got my CELPIP Test results. and I need 7 or above on speaking section. I know I was nervous on my speaking test and kind of messed it up. I am thinking about requesting test re-evaluation.
I am pretty confident that I can get above 7 if I take another test. But I'd avoid taking another exam since I am running out of this year's budget and It takes almost 2 hours to get to the test location. Does anyone think it'd go up by any chance? or it'd be a waste of money? I am hoping they may refer to the scores of other sections when they re-evaluate.

Thanks
What is the test for - study permit, Express Entry? If you have 6 in speaking through CELPIP, you are not eligible for EE. You need CLB 7.

Reactions: Hanadian

Hanadian

Dec 21, 2021
What is the test for - study permit, Express Entry? If you have 6 in speaking through CELPIP, you are not eligible for EE. You need CLB 7.
Yes I am aware of the minimum score requirement for EE. That's why I am thinking about applying re-evaluation to bump up my speaking score. the point is, whether there is possibility of getting 1 more score on speaking. Do you think I should request for it? I have seen bunch of ppl said they got 1~2 more points through re-evaluation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I am aware of the minimum score requirement for EE. That's why I am thinking about applying re-evaluation to bump up my speaking score. the point is, whether there is possibility of getting 1 more score on speaking. Do you think I should request for it? I have seen bunch of ppl said they got 1~2 more points through re-evaluation.
If you think your mark was unfair then ask for re-evaluation. If refused, then take the test again.